Need help in crossfire mode

Liclac

I want to have a crossfireX mode with my 5870 from gigabyte. Is Cooler Master GX 650Watt is enough? it is said that the max output is 780watt, and crossfire ready. The CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. I have ever heard--forgot the source--this AMD will be a bottleneck if I do a crossfireX, Is that true? thank you..

oh I forgot, Can I do a crossfireX 5870 with stock cooler? without liquid cooling or extra cooler... Casing I am currently use: Azza Helios, the cooling is good enough I think with 230mm fan..but need your suggestion.. thank you..

I want to have a crossfireX mode with my 5870 from gigabyte. Is Cooler Master GX 650Watt is enough? it is said that the max output is 780watt, and crossfire ready. The CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. I have ever heard--forgot the source--this AMD will be a bottleneck if I do a crossfireX, Is that true? thank you..

oh I forgot, Can I do a crossfireX 5870 with stock cooler? without liquid cooling or extra cooler... Casing I am currently use: Azza Helios, the cooling is good enough I think with 230mm fan..but need your suggestion.. thank you..

I think you might want to get a bigger PSU if you plan to overclock 5870's to be on the safe side. Yes you can Crossfire-X with any coolers, or any brand for that matter, just make sure they both have the same amount of memory and try to get both with the same speeds if possible. Sometimes that may cause some issues.

If ur going crossfire 650W is enough for crossfire,but u wont be able to overclock cpu and ur gpus to the full potential, but stock settings will run fine.And no the 1090T will not bottle neck 5870 crossfire,but its more dependent on ur mobo,if ur mobo is an 790/890gx chipset then the crossfire will run x8/8 mode u might loss %5-8 performance,but if its the 790/890fx it will run x16/16, u wont have ne bottle neck at all.,and u dont need additional cooling ,just a case with good airflow is enough for crossfire.

Edited by joel.monteiro

No, I want to run my system normally, I don't want to overclock it.. 5870 is enough for me, moreover, if it is crossfired.. hehe.. Stock speed is enough for me.. Phenom 1090t at stock speed won't bottleneck the 5870xfire?

So 650watt is enough right? first of all, sorry If I have so many question to be asked.. I want to know more about hardware.. >.<

And, joel.monteiro, based on your explanation, 890fx chipset is better than 890gx.. I haven't build my system yet, but I am planning to have a Gigabyte Motherboard. Current plan is :

GA-890GPA-UD3H

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128435

Compared to this

GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128441

which one is better? the spec is nearly the same I think.. the price is not too far..

Or is there any motherboards you can suggest to me?

which one should I take? 890gx or 890fx chipset? thanks...

Edited by Liclac