Where to put fan?

I'm not going to speak for him but I will follow what he said. So with that said; Buying a new case is not a "little upgrade" imo. I mean if he's going to do that then do it all, right? Also, putting proprietary parts in a case may not work. AND a computer that was introduced at around 2005. Being that I love to hack the crap out of cases, or some call "Modding", I would cut holes and take names. You have some options here; as mentioned you can get the PCI slot cooler or get a fan at bestbuy or a nearby computer store and install it in a area of importance. If you want to have a intake fan that blows onto the G-Card then take a dremel and cut a hole on the side panel. You can also add a small fan onto the N.Bridge heatsink. Or you can add a couple exhaust fans on the back? Man...let me at it. I'll hook you up dude. Here's some photos I saw during my search about your computer on what I'm talking about

This one was posted over at Tom's Hardware

LINK

Here's another one where somebody added a small fan to the N. Bridge.

LINK

So as you can see you have options for what you're trying to do.

thanks for the help i realy like the first option but i dont think ill put that many fans thanks for the help =)

Ok I have an e521 same case with the stock intake fan and an 80mm 3 speed antec fan in the little mesh part on the back of the case. If you were to cut the white and blue wires on the that front fan and only left the red and black it would run at full speed all the time and really cool that sucker down, I know those fans can really move some serious air. Give it a try if you aren't going to do anything with it anyways it will be fun.

thanks for the help i realy like the first option but i dont think ill put that many fans thanks for the help =)

Of course, I was just throwing some ideas out there for you ;) Oh...you may want to think about getting some air filters for the intake fans while your poking around inside the case. Those doo-hicky's help immensely.