Single colour screen crash

dode74

Hey

Sometimes when playing a few more graphically intensive games I get a crash where the screen goes all one single colour (usually a colour which was on-screen at the time) and everything stops except the sound. I can do nothing at this point except restart the PC - all the keys are unresponsive. It doesn't seem to be a heat issue and I was wondering if poor seating of the card could be doing it.

Anyone got any ideas? System details as per my sig.

Get a decent one.... Jeantech is a brand nobody's ever heard of, which in most cases means they're rubbish... While that comp will only draw ~400-450W at full tilt, a crappy 700W wouldn't be able to supply that much good power. If you have a friend that's got a Corsair, OCZ, Seasonic or whatever unit, test it with that, if not... try and return / sell that Jeantech and get a decent one!

I get where you're coming from, but, having googled it, all the reviews I can find are glowing. I'm loathe to dish out another £100 on a good PSU only to find that isn't the problem. To that end, is there any way I can test it?

It's not that I don't appreciate the advice - I do - but given the contradictory review info I'd like to carry out a test myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I took the advice and bought a Coolermaster 700w SilentPro and have fitted it. In doing so I noticed that I had only plugged in 4 of the 8 available pins of the 12v input (4 had a cover on them) - could it be that this was the problem in the first place? I've plugged in all 8 now with the new PSU.