OC Q6600 specs!

Klover

Hi all,

I'm green to what they call OC, so after watching a few clips on youtube and reading thru some guides, I have my system OC:

CPU Host Fequency: 333

Multilier: 2.4

CPU voltage: 1.3125

Trong cpu-z: FSB: DRAM: 5:6

Specs:

Q6600 2.4Ghz >>> 3Ghz

RAM 3GB DD2 800Mhz

Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Is it all right? Am I setting the CPU voltage a bit too high/ low?

1.31v is fine. i run mine at 3.2Ghz with that. have you got stock cooling or an aftermarket heatsink? your multiplier should be set at 9 and your pcie freq at 100

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I run at 333 x 9 to get to 3Ghz.

I enabled the C1E support to allow multiplier switching by the bios at times of low load which drops the speed back to 2Ghz. (this is not recommended when going for max OC settings)

Ram is running at 1066 on a 5/4 divider.

I did have it stable at 3.2Ghz but the constant high temps put me off. I was doing it in the winter with a fairly low ambient and I didn't think that there was enough head room to allow for summer.

Hiya,

I run at 333 x 9 to get to 3Ghz.

I enabled the C1E support to allow multiplier switching by the bios at times of low load which drops the speed back to 2Ghz. (this is not recommended when going for max OC settings)

Ram is running at 1066 on a 5/4 divider.

I did have it stable at 3.2Ghz but the constant high temps put me off. I was doing it in the winter with a fairly low ambient and I didn't think that there was enough head room to allow for summer.

my q6600 is a wonderful performer at 3200mhz, 8x400 1.45vcore but it is older now and very much out-performed by the new chips. it's still fully functional as a stock processor in a machine i gave to my daughter for college. she'll be taking it with her at the end of the summer and i'm sure it will live on for many years to come...

Mine is sitting at 400x8 on 1.30 volts. Didn't mess with much more than that. The high FSB helps get over the low inter-core bandwidth the chip has at stock.