OC Problems

I've got some settings you can try. I'll post them once I get back home tonight and pull up some of my old templates for that board with a q9550.

Regards,

Thanks,

Getting a little frustrated.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it gets discouraging when it just doesn't want to work, but on the bright side it may just be one setting away.

It's a little easier being in front of the computer, but:

Did your ram work OK when the computer is at stock speed?

You have a very small NB voltage bump, what is the stock voltage?

What CMD rate is defaulted (1 or 2) and have you tried to change it?

You have the memory strap at 400 (D), have you tried 333 (B)? I know it should stabilize easier at 400 but stranger things have happened.

And you may want to up the strap to 3.33D(B) or 4.00D(B)

I know it gets discouraging when it just doesn't want to work, but on the bright side it may just be one setting away.

It's a little easier being in front of the computer, but:

Did your ram work OK when the computer is at stock speed?

You have a very small NB voltage bump, what is the stock voltage?

What CMD rate is defaulted (1 or 2) and have you tried to change it?

You have the memory strap at 400 (D), have you tried 333 (B)? I know it should stabilize easier at 400 but stranger things have happened.

Memtest says all is well. Also ran the memory test on pccheck. I haven't touched the CMD. I didn't try 333(B). Yeah I know it is hard if you can't see it. I live that life all the time when troubleshooting with people on the phone.

Memtest says all is well. Also ran the memory test on pccheck. I haven't touched the CMD. I didn't try 333(B). Yeah I know it is hard if you can't see it. I live that life all the time when troubleshooting with people on the phone.

I would set the memory strap to 3.33D or 4.00D, stock memory settings (9-9-etc. including voltage) See if the CMD rate is set to 1, if so set to 2 and up the NB (mch) .1-.2

testing each setting one at a time, but not changing it back (to where it was set) if it doesn't work just going to the next one.

I would set the memory strap to 3.33D or 4.00D, stock memory settings (9-9-etc. including voltage) See if the CMD rate is set to 1, if so set to 2 and up the NB (mch) .1-.2

testing each setting one at a time, but not changing it back (to where it was set) if it doesn't work just going to the next one.

I will try it out again tonight.

Thanks

Okay some progress

Booting into windows with the following settings.

3.4ghz

400x8.5

pci-e is 100

memory multiplier is 4.00D

auto timings

ddr3 +.30v

fsb +.10v

mch +025v

cpu is 1.250v

Temps idle around 40

Hey, congrates :thumbsup:

A little tweaking on the voltages (nb,term) and you'll be running at the rated timings and prime stable in no time.

Hey, congrates :thumbsup:

A little tweaking on the voltages (nb,term) and you'll be running at the rated timings and prime stable in no time.

Thats what I dont get. As soon as I go 9-9-9-24 it flips out.

Thats what I dont get. As soon as I go 9-9-9-24 it flips out.

you probably have bad sticks that don't want to run at the rated speed. I would RMA if you signed up for that lifetime warranty. If you didn't than just start pumping voltage into it and hope for that best. RAM can take a lot of voltage(I know for a fact that you can pump 2.4v into a stick of DDR2 with good heat sinks and not damage it) unlike most other parts