OC Problems

Okay, I have had my system that is listed in my sig for quite some time. I am running at stock because I have been unsuccessful. I am ready to give this a whirl again with some assistance from you guys now. I tried again last night and I couldn't even get into the OS with anything I try. Mostly fails or locks on boot. I am thinking this is because my RAM is not up to par.

Here is the exact RAM I have

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145200

I would like to get it up as high as I can go.

Let me know any other info I can supply. All the specs are in my sig as main rig. I have gone thorugh all th OC guides without any luck.

Here is a site with all the bios pics already

http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/motherboards/1802_5.html

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess to start off, what have you tried?

Are you trying to jump to your target or taking small steps?

I have the same MB but havent played with it in quite a while (think I had it to 4.0ghz at one point with a qx9650 but didnt like the temps for 24/7 use so I dropped it back down, it set's in the other room for who ever to look stuff up on the internet if needed)

I guess to start off, what have you tried?

Are you trying to jump to your target or taking small steps?

I have the same MB but havent played with it in quite a while (think I had it to 4.0ghz at one point with a qx9650 but didnt like the temps for 24/7 use so I dropped it back down, it set's in the other room for who ever to look stuff up on the internet if needed)

I have tried small steps. Basically it seems to lock on the memory test and count. I don't think I am setting the memory correctly. I am not sure what timings to use. I have started out with small voltage and moved up but get the same result. I know this setup can do it. Just a poor noob in the OC world. I have read the guides over and over. Not gettin it.

I have tried small steps. Basically it seems to lock on the memory test and count. I don't think I am setting the memory correctly. I am not sure what timings to use. I have started out with small voltage and moved up but get the same result. I know this setup can do it. Just a poor noob in the OC world. I have read the guides over and over. Not gettin it.

check the memory specs for voltage and make sure it's set correctly in the bios. you can probibly leave the timings on auto for now.

PCI bus should be at 100

Memory multiplyer you should probibly start out with the lowest setting untill you find what the cpu can do.. probibly one of the 2.00's

C1E: disabled

EIST: disabled

Virtualization: disabled

CIA2: disabled

Performace enhanced: standard

Im sure I'm forgetting somthing but that should give you a start.

most people like dropping the cpu multiplyer to the lowest setting and raising the bus untill you can't get it stable anymore to find it's max.. then back it off a little and start raising the cpu multiplyer.

At each step check for stability and watch temps only raising voltage when it becomes unstable.. I don't remember off hand what amount of V you want to stop at.. watch temps though.

after you find the cpu oc you want then start playing around with the memory multi and timings (you may have to back off on the cpu oc to a get better memory speed, just find a balance that works for you).

check the memory specs for voltage and make sure it's set correctly in the bios. you can probibly leave the timings on auto for now.

PCI bus should be at 100

Memory multiplyer you should probibly start out with the lowest setting untill you find what the cpu can do.. probibly one of the 2.00's

C1E: disabled

EIST: disabled

Virtualization: disabled

CIA2: disabled

Performace enhanced: standard

Im sure I'm forgetting somthing but that should give you a start.

most people like dropping the cpu multiplyer to the lowest setting and raising the bus untill you can't get it stable anymore to find it's max.. then back it off a little and start raising the cpu multiplyer.

At each step check for stability and watch temps only raising voltage when it becomes unstable.. I don't remember off hand what amount of V you want to stop at.. watch temps though.

after you find the cpu oc you want then start playing around with the memory multi and timings (you may have to back off on the cpu oc to a get better memory speed, just find a balance that works for you).

CPU clock ratio is 8

cpu kost frequency is 400

pci freq is 100

system memory mutiplier 2.00D

auto timing

ddr3 overvolt +.30

fsb overvolt +.10

mch overvolt +.025

cpu voltage 1.25

Locks on memory test. I turned off everything you said to.

333 to 400 on fsb isnt a small jump

try 340 to begin with and see if it boots,

I'd probibly drop the ddr3 overvolt down to +.10

and if your going to try 400 in fsb try bumping the fsb overvolt up a notch

wht are ur temps? on stock voltage?

try not to overvolt the rams leave it at stock,give small jumps on fsb like 10. :thumbsup2:

temps aren't an issue because I can't get it stable enough to check. Ram in cpuz is 1.50v but it is rated for 1.8v

BTW my processors 1 and 2 core do not fluctuate in temp unless it goes above 49c. This is a common issue with my processor so I found on internet.

Just set the ram to it's recommended specs.......9-9-9-24 @ 1.8v in the Bios

Actually tried that. That gave me the worst results. Locks on memory test. Leaving at auto got me the furthest.