Xp reinstall connection troubles

My dad just had me reformat his computer and reinstall XP yesterday. After installing SP3 from a disk, I started trying to install other things, and none of them would let me register, so I tried going online, and nothing worked. I tried connecting to the router, and that didnt work. I tried pinging everything on my network and none of them could be reached. I tried setting up a new broadband connection, but it said that my connection should be working, so checked the 1394 connection and made sure tcp/ip was turned on. I plugged it in directly to the modem, and that didnt help either. Im out of ideas, anybody know whats causing this?

My dad just had me reformat his computer and reinstall XP yesterday. After installing SP3 from a disk, I started trying to install other things, and none of them would let me register, so I tried going online, and nothing worked. I tried connecting to the router, and that didnt work. I tried pinging everything on my network and none of them could be reached. I tried setting up a new broadband connection, but it said that my connection should be working, so checked the 1394 connection and made sure tcp/ip was turned on. I plugged it in directly to the modem, and that didnt help either. Im out of ideas, anybody know whats causing this?

Sounds like you may need to reinstall the network adapter drivers.

Windows XP DOES NOT install internet drivers. you need to do that yourself. Only vista and w7 install with internet drivers

+1

When I switched to Win7 and I first started the OS up, I was really surprised that I could go online without installing ANYTHING yet. It's cool that it saves you the trouble of having to install most of the drivers you had to in XP...