iPhone Error 9

d3athsd00r

So I'm not sure exactly where to post this so I'm posting here since the OS technically isn't Microsoft.

I have an 8GB iPhone 3g that doesn't want to restore. DFU and recovery mode don't work and I've tried with Windows 7, Snow Leopard, and Leopard. I tried restoring with the 3.1.2 firmware and every time it gets to the Apple screen with the loading bar underneath it, itunes gives me Error 9.

Anyone know how to fix this?

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f159/68106.htm#post469924

The above worked for a friend whose 3GS Error 9'd a couple months back.

If that fails and your phone is still under warranty, take it to an apple store or send it to apple. It should be fine even if it's jailbroken as long as it doesn't show any signs of it when you power it up or connect it to a PC(IE:FLashing Pineapple and other such indicators). Considering how messed up it is at that point, they'll probably just send you a refurb and be done with it.

That didn't work. :(

And I think this phone is no longer under warranty. I'm thinking it may be the connector on the phone that is bad. Some people have said error 9 is a USB issue but considering I've tried on 2 laptops and my desktop (I believe the owner tried on a couple computers) and with 3 different USB cables (all of which are known to work).

Is it at all feasible to replace this connector or am I SOL?