what mem for my LGA 775 build

I'm trying to decide on what memory to buy. I'm looking for used or new. 2x2gb. ~$100-150. My current setup is below (some parts were aquired for next to nothing... so please save the 'wtf why aren't you building an i5/i7/AMD?!??')

Mobo EVGA 790i FTW edition

CPU QX9650 (watercooled)

Video XFX GTX260 Black Edition (watercooled)

PSU Not yet purchased but I'm thinking the corsair 950

So a video review of the board says I need "EPP rated" memory if I want to run DDR3 2000. I can't even find much info on it much less any for sale that tout that spec.

I'm looking to overclock to 4ghz (if not more hehe) so I'm looking for memory that will keep up.

New or used. Used examples don't need to be something you find currently for sale... suggestions are nice and I can go searching myself... however current for sale examples on used items are certainly nice.

Thanks.

I'm trying to decide on what memory to buy. I'm looking for used or new. 2x2gb. ~$100-150. My current setup is below (some parts were aquired for next to nothing... so please save the 'wtf why aren't you building an i5/i7/AMD?!??')

Mobo EVGA 790i FTW edition

CPU QX9650 (watercooled)

Video XFX GTX260 Black Edition (watercooled)

PSU Not yet purchased but I'm thinking the corsair 950

So a video review of the board says I need "EPP rated" memory if I want to run DDR3 2000. I can't even find much info on it much less any for sale that tout that spec.

I'm looking to overclock to 4ghz (if not more hehe) so I'm looking for memory that will keep up.

New or used. Used examples don't need to be something you find currently for sale... suggestions are nice and I can go searching myself... however current for sale examples on used items are certainly nice.

Thanks.

Maybe server memory would have a spec like that but most enthusiast memory doesn't. These are good. Very tight timings but not EPP. CORSAIR CMT4GX3M2A1600C6 2X2GB DDR3-1600 CL6 DOMINATOR GT

Nothing wrong with LGA775. Your PSU is a bit of an overkill for your suggested specs. HX650 is plenty good enough. Let us know how you go reaching 4GHz.

Edited by dihartnell