Overclocking My New i5

GabrielT

Well I will hook it up to the internets again to get some screen shots but right now I am running it at 1.216v with my multiplier at 21 and my bus speed at 170 bring the core speed to 3.57 ghz. I am using a coolermaster hyper 212+ and my temps at full load are 56c. I just got this built and have only had a little time to tinker with it. My motherboard is at 31 degrees cecius.

I have been running prime 95 for two hours and I think it is safe to say it is stable.

My i5 750 is good for about 4.25

I had it at 4.2 but my house is quite warm and my cooling is quite average. I had to give it 1.35v and when I put it under load it made a quiet crackling/ticking noise I really didn't like.

Edit: I just passed a one hour OCCT test. I say it's stable.

Edited by gabrieltessin

Well, I guess it is pretty boring if no one else posted anything. I settled with 3.61 Ghz just to be on the safe side of things.

settling... safe... yes, that's pretty boring :P

I guess if you live somewhere hot it's ok though... here in the UK I overclocked (well I assembled an entire rig and overclocked) an i5 750 to 4GHz in one evening with a mere AC Freezer Pro

I think the ambient was about 18

settling... safe... yes, that's pretty boring :P

I guess if you live somewhere hot it's ok though... here in the UK I overclocked (well I assembled an entire rig and overclocked) an i5 750 to 4GHz in one evening with a mere AC Freezer Pro

I think the ambient was about 18