How to make a program open and close with my game

feetfats

I play battlefield bc2 and I also run a small program with it that allows the crouch and run to be toggled and allows ADS to not toggle.

I learned how to make a batch file that opens both programs at the same time but I do not know how to make the crouch toggle program close when I close bc2.

In a perfect world I would love for the crouch toggle program to just open when I open bc2 and then close when I shut down bc2.

I am very new at this stuff so I will need very basic instructions if you want to help me.

Thanks a lot

Install Alacrity PC

Free program that will allow you to set profiles for specific games and have certain actions occur when you launch them (you can create a shortcut to said profile). I used it for a few games that had issues with my Tablet. I set a profile that would close the background tablet processes, as well as some of the vista things I didn't need running in the background as well.

As for launching programs alongside, you can do that too. I did that for Far Cry 2. I had a program that altered the field of view to make it true widescreen, so I set up the Alacrity profile to launch that program immediately before launching the game.

Install Alacrity PC

Free program that will allow you to set profiles for specific games and have certain actions occur when you launch them (you can create a shortcut to said profile). I used it for a few games that had issues with my Tablet. I set a profile that would close the background tablet processes, as well as some of the vista things I didn't need running in the background as well.

As for launching programs alongside, you can do that too. I did that for Far Cry 2. I had a program that altered the field of view to make it true widescreen, so I set up the Alacrity profile to launch that program immediately before launching the game.

ok,, I'll give it a try.. thanks a lot

• 2 weeks later...
Is that allowed.

Check that is not considered a hack. I know it is not but it is supossed you press Ctr or C or whatever key you like everytime you like to crouch XD!!!

lol,,, is it a hack to run D3D to fix the V-sync?

they really need to fix the little details in this game and then we won't need to run all this crap with it.

I don't see how running the crouch program is any more cheating than programing macros on a keyboard,, but who knows,, maybe it is.

But if I can't use this program I am going to stop playing BC2 because I cannot play with a toggled aimer,, it just throws me out of sync way too much.

What programming languages do you know?

In Autoit, you can call the Run() function to run BC2 and then WinWait() to wait for the program to run once it is run then you can call the Run() function again to run the crouch toggle program.

Or simply, Start BC2 then Use winwait() to wait until it's running then Run() on the toggle program. Once you close the program have the autoit script check to see if BC2 is still running if it's not, close the toggle program

Pseudo source.

AutoIT would be the easiest way to do this (programming wise)