why when raising the speed, the screen went dead

lamsijan

I tried to raise the speed of the processor and graphics card

using intel core 2 dou e 7500, gigabyte GA-P43UD3L, Corsair XMS2 6400, Radeion ATI HD 5850,

when trying to raise the vga core form 765mz to 780 and memeoy clock from 1125mhz to 1130mh, the screen then balnk, temperature vga 56DC

anyone who can explain why it happened.....?

I tried to raise the speed of the processor and graphics card

using intel core 2 dou e 7500, gigabyte GA-P43UD3L, Corsair XMS2 6400, Radeion ATI HD 5850,

when trying to raise the vga core form 765mz to 780 and memeoy clock from 1125mhz to 1130mh, the screen then balnk, temperature vga 56DC

anyone who can explain why it happened.....?

your overclock went bad. happens to the best of us. that's how we find the limit of our hardware. just go backto previous settings via booting to windows' safe mode or just reseting the PC as the case may be (I don't think you have to a system restore, am I right, community?).

and when overclocking, I think I speak for everyone, when I say always tweak one option at a time! never two or more! that way at least you'll know what happened when it stops working.

I might be wrong but I think 780 might not have been a good number. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,696250/...Reviews/?page=4 775 is stable according to these guys. you might want to increase the speed by smaller increments too. and BTW that temp? 56? that isn't under load, is it? if you want to test stability and temp at same time download rivatuner and furmark. furMark will really put a load on the card and heat it up but good. try to keep it below 70 for longevity.

best of luck