4500mhz I7 920 + 4870x2 need some help please

RobBan-Swe

4500mhz\1.41v running smoot in win 7 with new cpucooler and 28-35c and 42-45c on load

But 4870x2 stop working when am playing CS with 4400-4500mhz.

Do anybody got a clue ?

I have done a lot of tests with bios but in dont work.

Have i miss something ?

Or do i have to do a setup for the game with 4300mhz ?

RobBan

Have you done any stability testing besides gaming?

Those load temperatures look a bit low for those volts on an i7.

Agree. You say you have a new CPU cooler but your sig says you're running the stock air cooler. What program r u using to monitor the temps? I'd be willing to bet you're CPU/GPU is throttling back because of heat. What are your GPU temps?

Edited by nanoprobe

Agree. You say you have a new CPU cooler but your sig says you're running the stock air cooler. What program r u using to monitor the temps? I'd be willing to bet you're CPU/GPU is throttling back because of heat. What are your GPU temps?

i have a new cpu cooler now, not stock cooler

Have not so much experience of intel and it is a hell of settings in bios :blink:

down-clocked both the Gpu and memory on g-card for test if that was the case. same problem

Ok maby cpu crash or overheat !

but when i run singelthread Superpi 1.5 it raise to 28-38c not more and that with +4500 1.42-1,43v

And cs is not so cpu effective i is a old game that dont take advantage of all cpupower

Have you done any stability testing besides gaming ? no i have not :D it takes long time to test every settings just to get to 4500mhz

Those load temperatures look a bit low for those volts on an i7 ? Yes maby ! i will check with a real digital thermometer

I going to test a nvidia 256mb and run a long cputest

If anyone have a little bios hint or settings tips a be glad

Thanks !

RobBan

Edited by RobBan-Swe

OK Here is what I need you to do to test the load temperatures. For one this overclock is unstable and it looks as though the CPU has potential. Download and install Prime 95 version 25.11 and Real temp 3.0. Run the blend torture test and see what happens. My guess is a BSOD based on heat. You will need to back down the cpu clock speed until you find a stable point that you can pass Prime 95 for a minimum of about 10 hours but 24 hours is what I recommend. Your cooler is one of the best out there but there is a point where they all get overwhelmed. Your idle temperatures are normal but when you put a 100% 8 threaded load on it then you see the temperatures skyrocket. Super Pi is a single threaded application so the 42 to 45C you see there is going to increase exponentially. As a quick test you can download OCCT and run the 1 hour stress test to get your load temperatures a little quicker.

LinX is the ultimate heat generator so far and puts a higher load than Prime95 or OCCT.

Yes overclocking to a stable point is time consuming but it beats the frustration of reboots and crashes and OS reloads every week.

If you want send some BIOS screen shots and I can help with getting you there. I have the P6T Deluxe OC and have had the P6T. Its a forgiving board and has excellent failed OC recovery.

Your load temps will most likely hit in the mid to high 70's or low 80's at those speeds if you can get it stable.

Keeping the chipset cool helps in stabilizing the overclock as well as it gets quite hot on that board.!

If you want send some BIOS screen shots and I can help with getting you there. I have the P6T Deluxe OC and have had the P6T. Its a forgiving board and has excellent failed OC recovery.

Your load temps will most likely hit in the mid to high 70's or low 80's at those speeds if you can get it stable.

Keeping the chipset cool helps in stabilizing the overclock as well as it gets quite hot on that board.!

--------------------------------------------------

Tested nvidia 256mb same probs, so there is no probs with 4870x2 :D

I will do the OCCT test and put up some BIOS screens, and if i go skyrocket in occt i go WC

Thanks !

RobBan

Edited by RobBan-Swe

:smack:OK the aircooler cant handle the heat !

Realtemp s\h\i\t program seems to be 28-42c in cs.

but truth is like 100% more heat near 58-72c

So the cpucores go like rollercoast and stop working.

So down to 4300mhz :wacko:

Thanks for the help all !

I got it now <_<

I have to build a WC to my i7-920 :lol:

RobBan