My 1st Build!

Rockyeight

Lets see... 1000w is way overkill an 850 would more then likely be overkill... if your gaming consider a intel i920 or 860 depending on your budget and a matching motherboard. Also consider a single toxic 5850 or 5870 by sapphire( helps also if your concerned with noise). I would also recommend not doing raid 0 with your storage drives(s),if one hdd fails then all your information is lost.Id recommend a single 1tb drive instead. As for the fans... noctua makes great fans however for the price i would recommend noiseblocker, higher quality fans move more air and run quieter. For the cooler id recommend looking at the Prolimatech Mega shadow if budget allows. Mushkin ram has better timings soo consider that. that ssd is good. I have to agree about the monitors ,either one large one such as a 26 or 30 (30 is very expensive) or a 3 monitor setup. gaming on dual monitors is very annoying which is why i went with a 30" myself. Crosshairs and guns are commonly in the middle... right were your bezel is if you run dual monitors ... Might wanna consider a bigger case. with large components like that. Coolermaster Sniper is a very nice case. Also you need an operating system which im sure your well aware of. i think that about covers it.. keep in mind these are just suggestions

Edited by unknownuser200

Okay so i see some things wrong here first of all why not just get a single 5870 or 5850 it will leave you room to expand later IF you need more power. When you already have a nice size ssd for your games and what not you don't need two drives in raid 0 plus it double your chances of losing all your data because only one drive has to fail. Why not go for a better case instead of a budget one when your clearly not on a strict budget which goes along with the fans as well, there are plenty of good fans out there that don't cost $20 a piece. You could add the money saved to get a better case. Just my two cents though.

THANKS i will take this into account

And relative to Operating Systems......

I don't see any reason to mess with Vista if you plan on installing Windows 7. Pushing the envelope even further I haven't found a single game/application that ran on XP that won't run on Windows 7 - but if you need that security blanket I understand :)

Windows 7 and a Linux Distro if you must have two operating systems, but that should about cover the entire field.

Agree with previous comments about drives, power supplies etc.

No RAID 0 for storage drives. Invest in one big drive or consider multiple drives and a RAID 1 or RAID 5 configuration.

1000W PSU is overkill for about 99% of the population out there - but it sounds cool to say you have one. The Corsair TX850 would more than get the job done.

And relative to Operating Systems......

I don't see any reason to mess with Vista if you plan on installing Windows 7. Pushing the envelope even further I haven't found a single game/application that ran on XP that won't run on Windows 7 - but if you need that security blanket I understand :)

Windows 7 and a Linux Distro if you must have two operating systems, but that should about cover the entire field.

Agree with previous comments about drives, power supplies etc.

No RAID 0 for storage drives. Invest in one big drive or consider multiple drives and a RAID 1 or RAID 5 configuration.

1000W PSU is overkill for about 99% of the population out there - but it sounds cool to say you have one. The Corsair TX850 would more than get the job done.

THANKS