Water Cooling

Ripsaw, THe GTX series f Rads are nice but really you need some high CFM fans to get the most from it. My GTX240 does best with high CFM high pressure fans. This equals loud. The MCR 220 actually does better for me than the GTX 240.

Thanks for the suggestion-what fans would you recommend?

Very cheap water cooling eh? I'm so ashamed of myself but here is what I did. A $60 project if you want to take a crack at it. Requirements are a large PC case, a Intel 775 socket MB and I had to drill 4 holes in the bottom of my case to mount the radiator. At the link below is the cooler. It's meant for a special computer case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ME:L:OU:US:1348

To mount this in my system all I did was get 2 L brackets 6 screws and nuts. After removing the motherboard and removing the stock cpu fan I drilled the 4 mounting holes for the L brackets. Then I reinstalled the MB and mounted the radiator. Then mounted the heatsink to the CPU. Took me all about 1 1/2 hrs. And it seems to be working very well right now.

With the side of the case off the temps according to Speedfan under full load with BurninTest v.6 running the cpu temp was 122F at a 626 Mhz overclock on a E5200 Intel cpu. About 130F with the side on. Right now Seti@home after 2 hours has the cpu at 109F.

This is the best $30 cooler I ever bought. :thumbs-up:

A drawback is the size though. It's literally a 6 inch by 6 inch by 3 inch wide sealed car radiator. Also since I had it gathering dust in a drawer I tyewrapped a 120 mm fan to the other side of the radiator giving a push pull effect. All things considered I'm rather proud of myself being such a cheap SOB.

Water cooling is a method of heat removal from components. As opposed to air cooling, water is used as the heat transmitter. Water cooling is commonly used for cooling internal combustion engines in automobiles and large electrical generators. The main mechanism for water cooling is convective heat transfer.

You are going to get yourself banned posting stuff that does not even make sense in a thread that you use google to find stuff then copy and post. Why do we need a definition of water cooling in this thread? Quit stealing peoples stuff and posting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cooling