Help me out. I have a grand and I need help spending it!

hosnappp

Lol I also like the LED's that Crucial has on their ram, though I got the black model so it's blue, green and red. Though these are blue, but have no LED's. I don't recall any other company having LED's on their ram except crucial. (lol just to be clear: I got my ram because of performance, not so much the LEDs.)

Mine perform decently. I think my motherboard is holding them back just a little. I'm not sure. I can't overclock them to 1600 without Windows thinking there's a hardware malfunction. It POSTs but then windows tries to load 'Setup Files'. It's probably due to configuration issues. Regardless, I love these RAM sticks, the timings are great and it's super fast. I wanna get ballistix. I'll buy the blue ones seperately if I have to :P

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine perform decently. I think my motherboard is holding them back just a little. I'm not sure. I can't overclock them to 1600 without Windows thinking there's a hardware malfunction. It POSTs but then windows tries to load 'Setup Files'. It's probably due to configuration issues. Regardless, I love these RAM sticks, the timings are great and it's super fast. I wanna get ballistix. I'll buy the blue ones seperately if I have to :P

Don't get them separately, it will decrease performance. There is a reason for Ram "KITS". If u really like em, wait till they get them in stock or try to find them somewhere else in stock.

Don't get them separately, it will decrease performance. There is a reason for Ram "KITS". If u really like em, wait till they get them in stock or try to find them somewhere else in stock.

Even if they are the same timings, voltages, company, model? Because the ones I have in the slots now are the green versions of those blue ballistix, except I bought them seperately. It would explain a lot.

Even if they are the same timings, voltages, company, model? Because the ones I have in the slots now are the green versions of those blue ballistix, except I bought them seperately. It would explain a lot.

Yes even if they are exactly the same. I also once wanted to get 2 of the same cuz it was simply cheaper but I did some research and I'm glad I did. It has something to do with the chips on the ram. They are cut from the same source or something like that. They simply work best that way. Also u should know that motherboard that have Error Correction Cods (ECC) will help in stability when overclocking. It also help alot when running 4 sticks of ram instead of 2. If you have 2 sticks, or you aren't running a server or something, you won't need ECC. 2x2GB is th ideal memory set up imo.