X4 955 Overclocking Help

hosnappp

IE07Fl.png

The CPU is at 1.5v and the RAM is at 1.72v.

Does that look right? I'm incredibly noob. But those are all of my specs and it seems to be ok. But is there something else I should be doing? Any tips whatsoever are GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by headbangerbuggy

Well is it stable. if so awesome. and what temperature is your hardware running. Proc, board, mem?

Oh and also, im just curious but why did you use the FSB rather then the multiplier to overclock it. Its the black edition chip that has the unlocked multi isn't it?

Edited by boinker

Yeah, it'd be nice if we had a bit more information about your overclock. Since we don't have any, I'll start by saying that if you didn't overclock using the BIOS go do the overclock from there. Did you stress test for 12 hours for stability? Are your cpu temperatures below 60c? Why in the world did you use the fsb instead of the multiplier? Though it isn't wrong, most prefer to use the unlocked multiplier..it's just easier I guess, though if this works for you, you can keep it.

Yeah, it'd be nice if we had a bit more information about your overclock. Since we don't have any, I'll start by saying that if you didn't overclock using the BIOS go do the overclock from there. Did you stress test for 12 hours for stability? Are your cpu temperatures below 60c? Why in the world did you use the fsb instead of the multiplier? Though it isn't wrong, most prefer to use the unlocked multiplier..it's just easier I guess, though if this works for you, you can keep it.

I ended up using the multiplier. I'm on 1600Mhz RAM from the stock 1333, and now running 4Ghz using a 20x multiplier stable. Did the 32M PI Test. A couple times, actually. It's buttery smooth :) I'm running at around 36C Idle. Haven't tested load yet but it should be around 50.

SuperPi isn't the best stress test tool out there. go download OCCT and let it run for one hour. If it passes, then good. OTher than that, good job if you got it to 4Ghz. Mine won't do 4Ghz and though I could probably bump the voltages up a little more, I am happy with 3.9Ghz. I'll bump it up more if I ever get that bored.

SuperPi isn't the best stress test tool out there. go download OCCT and let it run for one hour. If it passes, then good. OTher than that, good job if you got it to 4Ghz. Mine won't do 4Ghz and though I could probably bump the voltages up a little more, I am happy with 3.9Ghz. I'll bump it up more if I ever get that bored.

Haha, I maxed out at 3.9 as well. It turns out anything more crashes in games.

I don't care about OCCT. If it runs the most stressful thing I'll be doing (Crysis, MW2 since it's poorly optimized) then I'm fine. Anything more than that is asking too much. So I'm 'stable' at 3.9 and with a 2400 NB on 1600Mhz RAM which is an improvement from the 1333 stock. So I think I did well for myself. 40C idle in my hot-butt room.

As a matter of fact, what's the voltages you're running, man? I have my CPU set on 1.425v and my RAM on... 1.84? I'm not sure on that. Then my NB is right around 1.3

Does all of that sound about right?

Spit out yours, GmAz

Edited by headbangerbuggy

i would run occt and make sure is stable. yeah it might run the games u want but as soon as ur pc hits the unstable mark it will keep crashing. even if it means losing 100mhz.

Edited by insan3