Cpu VTT

dling

You said you had your vtt voltage set to .4v, THAT'S impossible, does it show a little "+" in your bios next to the vtt setting your are changing?

I don't have an EVGA board but from looking on the internet it appears that your setting is INCREASING the voltage by the amount you set, hence 2.1v-2.2v.

You said you had your vtt voltage set to .4v, THAT'S impossible, does it show a little "+" in your bios next to the vtt setting your are changing?

I don't have an EVGA board but from looking on the internet it appears that your setting is INCREASING the voltage by the amount you set, hence 2.1v-2.2v.

It allows mv changes .4v=400mv. There is a default 1.1v I was unaware of.

So I moved mine to 1.0 v which=2.1v cpu vtt and killed my motherboard and maybe my cpu.

:blink::blink::blink:

Try to clear CMOS and see if the computer starts ...

Press the JCMOS1, reset CMOS

http://www.ninjalane.com/imgviewer.aspx?im...wer_buttons.jpg

Good luck !!

I spoke to evga, went threw their troubleshooting. It's going to be RMA'ed.

I told him what i did he said they would still give me an RMA. "EVGA" :thumbs-up:

Ouch!

Thankfully it's an EVGA board and they are going to take care of you. In your earlier post you said that you had your VTT set at 1.0(V)

Your board's BIOS allows you to ADD VTT voltage in mV steps. As pointed out you apparently added 1.0mv to the default BIOS VTT value. That's strange because I don't even see a 1.0mV option in the BIOS i'm looking at. It goes from +.975mV and then jumps up to 1.80mV..... ouch! That shouldn't even be an option.

Just to be clear to everyone else that might browse this thread - total QPI/VTT, CPU/VTT or whatever your particular motherboard/BIOS calls it, generally should NOT be any greater than 1.35(V) v=volt not mV. And your QPI/VTT should be kept within .5(V) of your vdram.

An example - vdram = 1.60 then your QPI/VTT should be at 1.1(V) or higher, but not exceeding 1.35(V) in most cases. Some people run theirs higher but there are reported instances of hardware damage when running QPI/VTT higher than 1.35V or with a range greater than .5V between your vdram and QPI voltage.

Ouch!

Thankfully it's an EVGA board and they are going to take care of you. In your earlier post you said that you had your VTT set at 1.0(V)

Your board's BIOS allows you to ADD VTT voltage in mV steps. As pointed out you apparently added 1.0mv to the default BIOS VTT value. That's strange because I don't even see a 1.0mV option in the BIOS i'm looking at. It goes from +.975mV and then jumps up to 1.80mV..... ouch! That shouldn't even be an option.

Just to be clear to everyone else that might browse this thread - total QPI/VTT, CPU/VTT or whatever your particular motherboard/BIOS calls it, generally should NOT be any greater than 1.35(V) v=volt not mV. And your QPI/VTT should be kept within .5(V) of your vdram.

An example - vdram = 1.60 then your QPI/VTT should be at 1.1(V) or higher, but not exceeding 1.35(V) in most cases. Some people run theirs higher but there are reported instances of hardware damage when running QPI/VTT higher than 1.35V or with a range greater than .5V between your vdram and QPI voltage.

I was saying that I had set it to 1.0v in the VTT that's the max setting allowed. It's not 1mv steps, I think it was in 25mv steps. I just to the highest setting.

As I had said I was unaware of the preset 1.1v . That was my fault. I do believe No voltages should hidden. It should be reading just what you set it to and nothing more.

Ouch man!

I personally like it when the BIOS shows you the default but only lets you apply an offset to the voltage (like your board does...err...did). It usually helps keep people from setting ridiculously high values without realizing how much stress they are putting on their components. Next time read the value a bit better, I'd bet it says "CPU VTT ADD" or "+100mV" or something similar.

Edited by Waco

Ouch man!

I personally like it when the BIOS shows you the default but only lets you apply an offset to the voltage (like your board does...err...did). It usually helps keep people from setting ridiculously high values without realizing how much stress they are putting on their components. Next time read the value a bit better, I'd bet it says "CPU VTT ADD" or "+100mV" or something similar.

No, it only says CPU VTT. And so all you see is what your adding and nothing more.

It lead me to believe that was the true voltage. Again it was my fault, some others knew this

and some did not ,I was in the not category. Ignorance kills another motherboard. :(