Cpu VTT

dling

Ok, I've been reading aboub the recommended VTT setting. It seesm that

the VTT should be with in .5v of the DimmV. How many of you have set yours to that?

My memory voltage is 1.65 which suggests that my VTT should be at least 1.6.

Is that right ? Mine is measured in mv's. Currently it's set to .4v or 400mv. Is that way to low?

Ok, I've been reading aboub the recommended VTT setting. It seesm that

the VTT should be with in .5v of the DimmV. How many of you have set yours to that?

My memory voltage is 1.65 which suggests that my VTT should be at least 1.6.

Is that right ? Mine is measured in mv's. Currently it's set to .4v or 400mv. Is that way to low?

Hi,

Your vtt should be kept in less than 0.5 v of your DimmV, so if your DimmV is at 1.65 your vtt should be around 1.2 to be safe. Going in your vtt over 1.2 with the the DimmV at 1.65 wont harm your CPU, but leaving a gap of more than 0.5 v, for example vtt 1.1 and DimmV 1.7 would harm your CPU. Your 400mv are 0.4 v so your are fine.

Read this Core i7 Vdimm/VTT Graveyard :D :

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207972

Missed one decimal here "My memory voltage is 1.65 which suggests that my VTT should be at least 1.6."

Edited by Nicckko

I also would like to know,can I lower the vcore after increasing the

the vtt and have the same clocks? Or will become unstable?

I would like to keep temps in check.

vtt helps you get a more stable overlock, there is no rule between the relationship between Vcore and vtt, but I like to keep them close to each other. Vcore as vtt will increase your temps.

I increased my vtt to 1.0v and the computer just died. It doesn't even show

any of the trouble shooting numbers, just a yellow and blue light.

The fans will run for a while and then they quite. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I increased my vtt to 1.0v and the computer just died. It doesn't even show

any of the trouble shooting numbers, just a yellow and blue light.

The fans will run for a while and then they quite. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

QPI VTT at 1.0v is too low. You probably had it set on Auto previously and it was likely in the range of 1.1-1.2v as programmed in the BIOS.

I'd recommend starting at 1.2v and ranging up to 1.35v or so max depending on how far you want to take your o/c.

QPI VTT at 1.0v is too low. You probably had it set on Auto previously and it was likely in the range of 1.1-1.2v as programmed in the BIOS.

I'd recommend starting at 1.2v and ranging up to 1.35v or so max depending on how far you want to take your o/c.

CPU vtt is what I set to 1.0v

I don't understand how that could have killed anything.

Another thing that I wonder about is that why the voltage is measured in mv's instead of volt's.

Edited by dling

CPU vtt is what I set to 1.0v

Are you sure you aren't ADDING 1.0v to the VTT setting? Since (I think) the default is like 1.1v, means you would be at 2.1v's. Ouch.

Edited by RJR

Are you sure you aren't ADDING 1.0v to the VTT setting? Since (I think) the default is like 1.1v, means you would be at 2.1v's. Ouch.

I dont understand. Your saying that theres a voltage (1.1v) that I have no control over. ?

So any changes I made added or subtracted from the 1.1v ?