Need a lil help here

kaupee

hi guys i just build my 1st gaming budget rig.and i wonder how to identify which is the ramslot 1 or 2 or 3 and so on,is it counting from the one nearest to the CPU?and 1 more thing,if i were to use 1 or 2 rams,which of the slot is to be used, as in for better perfomance.thanks alot=D

fyi my mobo is asus P5P43TD PRO.thanks alot guys :D

they should be color coded

do you have the manual?

if not go to asus and download the manual

usually it start from the CPU as u said,

but sometimes to run dual channel you put ram in slot 1 and 3, instead of slot 1 and 2

but if so, the colors will be like orange, black.orange, black on the memory slots

hi guys i just build my 1st gaming budget rig.and i wonder how to identify which is the ramslot 1 or 2 or 3 and so on,is it counting from the one nearest to the CPU?and 1 more thing,if i were to use 1 or 2 rams,which of the slot is to be used, as in for better perfomance.thanks alot=D

fyi my mobo is asus P5P43TD PRO.thanks alot guys :D

Ram slots should be labeled DIMM0 to DIMM 3 or DIMM1 to DIMM4... should be somewhere near the slots themselves, but usually it starts from closest to the cpu socket.

if you're using 1 module, it doesnt matter which slot you use. if two modules, insert them in like colored slots. ie. black and black or orange and orange. and i suggest using 2 modules to have dual channel.

ok got it guys,i assume its the "Dual Channel memory architecture" rite??:D

If your using 1 stick of RAM it doesn't matter. If your using 2 sticks make sure the color coded slots match eachother for dual channel.