Phenom II x4 965 C2 140 TDP OC problem...

RuriXin

Hi guys, just a new member here..

I'm having problem with my phenom II x4 965, i was able to reach 3.7ghz by changing the multiplier x18.5 with vcores at auto.. I can boot up to windows but as soon as i run prime95....Boomm BSOD, need help with the proper settings... TIA

Specs :

Phenom II x4 965 C2 Stepping 140 TDP

Asus M4A785TD-V Evo

G.Skills Ripjaws 2x2 1600 DDR3 CL9-9-9-24

Deep Cool Ice Blade 2 Fans config ( x2 wind blade )

Edited by RuriXin

Hi guys, just a new member here..

I'm having problem with my phenom II x4 965, i was able to reach 3.7ghz by changing the multiplier x18.5 with vcores at auto.. I can boot up to windows but as soon as i run prime95....Boomm BSOD, need help with the proper settings... TIA

Specs :

Phenom II x4 965 C2 Stepping 140 TDP

Asus M4A785TD-V Evo

Deep Cool Ice Blade 2 Fans config ( x2 wind blade )

Check out this guide from occ.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/phenomii_965/

there is a guide to phenom's that you should read. to get to 3.70 you will need to go with that high of a voltage but please do not do it all at once. step the chip up from factory a mulitiplier of one at (15-16) and run Prime95 or occt to test it. rinse repeat until it bsod's before the stability test is over. Oh and just make sure that you don't go over 60c. That chip does not like that.

Here is dolks guide to overclocking phemon II's, read it.

there is a guide to phenom's that you should read. to get to 3.70 you will need to go with that high of a voltage but please do not do it all at once. step the chip up from factory a mulitiplier of one at (15-16) and run Prime95 or occt to test it. rinse repeat until it bsod's before the stability test is over. Oh and just make sure that you don't go over 60c. That chip does not like that.

1+ :withstupid:

+1 on dolks guide, not that I had ANY luck on my dad's 940 but it was still a good read.

another +1 on all OCability getting flushed down the drain once the phenom II's enter the 55C-60C range. (it's good thing they run pretty cool most of the time)

• 1 year later...

Thank you to all of your time replying to my post. I was only able to get it stable at 3.6 GHz! But I guess it's okay. AMD just released the 980 BE @ 3.7 GHz stock! But I doubt it's any faster than a core i7 920 at 2.66 GHz or a stock cpu before Sandy-Bridge.

I love this forum. I love this site. I love the community.

I am currently playing Total War: Shogun 2. Running it using 6870 in X-fiyaaa! on ultra settings running at 59-74 fps. Not bad.