Radeon Hd5850

Ejracz

Don't fancy flashing the bios.

It's not really a profile I want...I just want the overclocked settings to be activated when I boot my system.

How far can you go on stock voltage. It runs stable at 800/1200. If I want to get a bit more out of it what should a slight voltage increase be with relevant gpu and memory settings

On a side note it's a great card

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't work.

Downloaded the latetest version of MSI afterburner today but the same issue occurs.

If you adjust the setings you want in AMD GPU tool the MSI afterburner will then allow you to use those settings (the sliders fail to go past the settings set in the AMD GPU tool). If I click apply they stay where they are, apply "overclock at start up" and reboot....at re boot it defaullts to factory settings.

I then did the same procedure but before re booting uninstalled AMD GPU tool, but this too didn't resolve the problem.

What Bios flash will work with the Saphire HD5850

Don't fancy flashing the bios.

It's not really a profile I want...I just want the overclocked settings to be activated when I boot my system.

How far can you go on stock voltage. It runs stable at 800/1200. If I want to get a bit more out of it what should a slight voltage increase be with relevant gpu and memory settings

On a side note it's a great card

on stock voltage I get up to 960mhz stable on core

Thats pretty good, what about memory.

The link you sent is the bios, what about the flash software. Looking at the numbers the core is only 400 and the memory 900, these are lower than the factory defaults for my card

tried asus smart doctor, on install doesn't recongnise the card and fails to load. Also the http://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/ doesn't suppport the 5850

Edited by Ejracz

Thats pretty good, what about memory.

The link you sent is the bios, what about the flash software. Looking at the numbers the core is only 400 and the memory 900, these are lower than the factory defaults for my card

tried asus smart doctor, on install doesn't recongnise the card and fails to load. Also the http://www.techpowerup.com/rbe/ doesn't suppport the 5850

Smart doctor wont work unless you have asus bios. the stock clocks on the bios is 725/1000 . techpower posted power saving clocks. to flash you will need to create a dos bootable usb drive and rati flash which is found here http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1731/ATIFlash_3.79.html .

on ram the highest I got was 1200 . RBE does support 5850 I used it alot. if it supports 5870 then it support 5850. You wont need to use it though

Edited by Skugpezz

Thanks for all the info.

Never flashed a card bios before. How do I make a bootbale dos disk with usb for windows 7 64 bit

I wish I still had some things bookmarked, but just try googlin it. It's kind of hard to find and I'm kinda tired. If you haven't found anything by tomorrow I'll help you in your search (since I also want that knowledge)