DDR2 1066 Seperate Channel Question

compbrainiac

Hello, I read if your using 1066 with the MA785G-UD3H you need to put the DIMMS in seperate channels.. AKA one in each color..? But when I do that its not Dual Channel anymore I believe CPU Z says.. Any help? I just want it to clock at 1066 not 800

GSkill 2x2GB 1066

F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Edited by compbrainiac

Starting at the DIMM slot nearest your cpu socket and reading the DIMM slots left to right

DIMM1 > DIMM2 > DIMM3 > DIMM 4

For dual channel you will need to use DIMM slots 1+2(yellow slots) or DIMM slots 3+4(orange slots) if you only intend on running two sticks of memory.

The actual electrical layout of your DIMM slots is;

Channel 0: DDR2_1, DDR2_3

Channel 1: DDR2_2, DDR2_4

CPU Z says max bandwidth is PC2-6400 (400mhz)

Post says DDR2 1066 unganged when loading..

what am I doing wrong

2.1v

DRAM Freq 535

Comp - you are looking at the "SPD" tab in CPU-Z

That module only reports the actual size, bandwidth and timings as reported by the programmed information on the memory itself. To see the actual operating frequency of your memory you need to click on the "Memory" tab. That module will show you the actual frequency and timings that the RAM is running at.

Relative to your OCCT failures.....

You need to run Memtest and make sure that your memory is stable at the current speed, timings and voltage. If your memory fails Memtest you should test one stick at a time at BIOS default values and make sure that each stick is capable of passing at least 8 hours of an extended Memtest run. If each stick passes you can put them both in and re-run Memtest. One of the first steps in machine stability is ensuring that your RAM can perform at it's rated speed, voltages and timings.

if u put them in the different color slots then the ram will run in 1066 for sure but this is in single channel , if u want them to run in dual channel they will show a default of 800 mhz , u will have to manually set the timings and mhz ^_^ :O ^_^

Starting at the DIMM slot nearest your cpu socket and reading the DIMM slots left to right

DIMM1 > DIMM2 > DIMM3 > DIMM 4

For dual channel you will need to use DIMM slots 1+2(yellow slots) or DIMM slots 3+4(orange slots) if you only intend on running two sticks of memory.

The actual electrical layout of your DIMM slots is;

Channel 0: DDR2_1, DDR2_3

Channel 1: DDR2_2, DDR2_4

yessir

+1

that's kinda how it's laid out on my board but the white slots are primary and/but not setup closest to the cpu....

use matching color slots for dual channel B:)