Custom I/O shield

After failing to obtain a replacement I/O shield, I have decided to build one. I got a sheet of perferated black mesh from Home Depot and will cut it to match.

I am cutting it to fit an MSI P7N mobo, fitting it on the back of an NZXT M59 case.

I have never truely MODDED anything in a computer, just bolted on parts.

Any potential problems I may not know about?

Grounding problems, attachment worries, anything?

Second question. I am trying to attach a resin dragon sculpture to my daughters computer case, on the side. I will need a VERY sturdy adhesive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

While there shouldn't be any issues if you dont do this, if you want to be extra safe you can make sure that at least some "metal" touches the case by removing some of the paint from the mesh.

I will make sure its grounded, thanks. That should be easy to do.

Any suggestions on the Dragon sculpture?

Monster glue? Or they make this weird double sided foam that's REALLY strong, not sure what it's called.

I think this is the stuff you're talking about.

I think you have Farnell over the USA but I'm sure other places sell it.

It is REALLY strong, in fact once you stick things in place, especially on smooth clean surfaces, it's really difficult to remove.

Cheers

Paul

The double sided foam tape (usually black foam with green peel-off strip) is indeed very strong and is often used to hang signs or mirrors on walls.

However, I'd use contact adhesive or two-part epoxy adhesive, so that there is no gap between sculpture and case panel.

The double sided foam tape (usually black foam with green peel-off strip) is indeed very strong and is often used to hang signs or mirrors on walls.

However, I'd use contact adhesive or two-part epoxy adhesive, so that there is no gap between sculpture and case panel.

I looked around, and Gorilla Glue seems to have a good product, and it would be useful for other applications as well.

Thanks for the input, I had not thought of epoxy.