Do these 3DMark results mean something?

lastsplash

I wanted to run some 3DMark CPU tests at different speeds just to compare the results. I'm wondering if i've come across a "sweet spot" if such a thing exists. I'm new to all this and learning as i go, what are your thoughts on this? Do the results mean anything or is it just coincidence?

Core i5 750 stock 2.66GHZ 26

Prime95 only lasts a couple of minutes at 4GHz before a worker stops. Is it the temperature that causes the failure or is it something i can work on adjusting to increase stability?

Those voltages seem high compared to what I need to hit 4Ghz with my i7 920, lower it to 1.3V and see if that helps, I think your temps may be the problem.

edit: i just read that 1.3v is the stock i5 voltage is that correct? if so then you either need more voltage, or you need lower temps, but you are already at the maximum temp so you can't increase the voltage, which means you should probably use the 3.66Ghz setting if its stable.

Edited by xchrissypoox

Not 100% but think the 920s use less Volts. I have the 860 and need 1.372 V on the core and 1.34 on the VTT to make it stable @4.00. If anything i would say up the VTT to 1.4 and the core to 1.4.

But keep an eye on your temps . Mine on water hits mid to high 50s