Need help to overclock my stock 2.8GHZ Pentium Dual Core to 4GHZ

mrc1992

i have just recently bort a 2.8ghz pentium dual core it comes stock at 2.8ghz (10.5x266) 1.2850v i also purchased 2x2gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400 sticks of ddr2 ram at 1.8v 5-5-5-18, and i have a EG41MF-US2H GIGABYTE M/B G41 Chipset and a 650watt coolermaster extreme power plus PSU, now i wana get my pentium to at least 3.8GHZ but i need u to tell me if my ram will keep up and wat voltage i should set for my cpu and ram oh and please tell me wat cooler i should buy for my cpu to get good results i plan on spending 100 Australia Dollars on a cooler so give me the best cooler for 100

thanx many regards mitchell

i have just recently bort a 2.8ghz pentium dual core it comes stock at 2.8ghz (10.5x266) 1.2850v i also purchased 2x2gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400 sticks of ddr2 ram at 1.8v 5-5-5-18, and i have a EG41MF-US2H GIGABYTE M/B G41 Chipset and a 650watt coolermaster extreme power plus PSU, now i wana get my pentium to at least 3.8GHZ but i need u to tell me if my ram will keep up and wat voltage i should set for my cpu and ram oh and please tell me wat cooler i should buy for my cpu to get good results i plan on spending 100 Australia Dollars on a cooler so give me the best cooler for 100

thanx many regards mitchell

I'm not much help in the overclocking aspect but just want to say that that paragraph isn't the easiest to read, but anyway onto my main point which should help other people is,

What would you be cooling the processor with?

Also is this a new Pentium Dual Core, and what model number is it? AFAIK the original Dual cores put out a stupid amount of heat at stock clocks.

I mean by a new Pentium Dual Core, as Intel has sort of revived the Pentium brand as its recognisable to people with low knowledge of the processors and go oh its a pentium it must be good. The new pentium's are built on the Core Architecture not the Netburst one

its an e6300 and ive overclocked it to 3.6ghz at 1.2850v and my ram is at 5-5-5-15 858MHZ @ 1.8v, and thats with a stock cooler my idle temp is 25 and under 100% load on both cores it went up to 46 max but can u tell me wat cooler i should buy i have 80 Australian dollars can u tell me a quiet and effective cooler

Please reply

Many

Regards Mitchell