Hookin' Up Mic/Ear To SB Audigy Mp3+

Got a new case yesterday with up-front mic/earphone connections. I have an Audigy Mp3+.. where can I plug the wires from the case into it?

There's (+/-) for the Mic, and (L+/R+/LR-) for earphones...

The LiveDrive has those inputs/outputs on it - which of the pins on the connector are those?

Thanks in advance,

oblius

my mod page

Which case and does your mobo support front connections?  If your mobo supports it, I'd say go with the mobo connection.

I don't know the brand name of the case, there wasn't one. It's Canadian made though. There's pictures of the case here .

There is a shrink-wrapped wire coming from the case front with the mic & ear connections. The end of the connector are single-wire molex plugs, so you can pin them onto any pin configuration. There is simply Mic(+) and Mic(-), and Ear(L), Ear®, Ear(-).

I don't have onboard audio because it sucks . 99% of the time so the connections would have to go through the Audigy.. any clues?

well... that sucks.... What type of onboard audio do you have? I really can't help you on wiring the audigy... All i can say is try to read the instruction manual, and maybe you'll find something. The only other way i could tell you is just to hook it up to the mobo and use onboard audio (that's the only way i could see you hooking it up). I have a P4S533 board and it has the connectors on the mobo to hook up front pannel mic and earphones.

What type of onboard audio do you have?  

That's the problem - I don't have ANY onboard audio. My mobo is the ASUS A7A266, which has the onboard option, but I didn't take it. What I might just do is get a mono 1/8" jack and plug it into the mic port on the back, but cut the wire and run it inside the case, connecting it to the front jack..

I found the pinout for the LiveDrive connector in the Help file for the card, but none of them are obvious as mic pins. Pins 31-35 look interesting, but I don't know if it expects an analog or digital signal. I have a feeling there might be an A/D converter on the livedrive itself and it sends the card signals via SPDIF. Bastards.

Pin Name Description

1 VCC +5V power supply

2 VCC +5V power supply

3 GND Ground

4 AC97CLK 24.5 MHz clock output

5 GND Ground

6 GP_SPDIFIN#2 SPDIF input signal

7 GND Ground

8 GND Ground

9 SPDIFO#3 SPDIF Out signal

10 GPO1 General Purpose Output #1

11 GPO2 General Purpose Output #2

12 GND Ground

13 GPO0 General Purpose Output #0

14 GND Ground

15 GP_SPDIFIN1 SPDIF Input signal

16 GND Ground

17 SPDIFO#0 SPDIF Out signal

18 GND Ground

19 SPDIFO#1 SPDIF Out signal

20 GND Ground

21 GND Ground

22 SPDIFO#2 SPDIF Out signal

23 GPI0 Digital Input (GP Input 0; Reserved)

24 GPI1 Digital Input, (GP Input 1; Reserved)

25 OUTMIDI MIDI Output

26 GND Ground

27 INMIDI MIDI Input

28 GND Ground

29 KEY

30 KEY

31 ADCSDO2 I2S audio data input.

32 GND Ground

33 ADCSDO1 I2S audio data input.

34 GND Ground

35 ADCSDO0 I2S audio data input.

36 GND Ground

37 I2SCLK I2S serial bit clock.

38 GND Ground

39 I2SFS Frame sync.

40 GND Ground

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?im...-127-007-09.JPG

Hit next image 3 times. If your front connectors are like that, all you'd have to do is plug the connection right into the card itself. But from the looks of things you seem to have the connection with the little wires that you hook on yourself. Ummmmmmmm... 31-35 do look like they may be the mic, earphone, and the secondary input. My best suggestion is to e-mail or call up creative and ask their tech support. Or if you have a gateway or something, get on their website and go to tech support and maybe they could tell you how to hook it up.

If your front connectors are like that, all you'd have to do is plug the connection right into the card itself.

No, the terminals for the front connector look like this:

connections.jpg

I'm thinking about slicing them, extending them, and putting on 1/8" mic plugs on the ends, so I can just plug it into the card, although it's kinda cheap that way.

Anyway, I will e-mail Creative about it - but who knows, maybe you simply can't, or they don't want to help, seeming how their goal is to sell things like the LiveDrive, which does the same thing, but is WAY overblown for my needs.