11 members have voted

1. 1. which psu

• Corsair 1000hx
    • Enermax Evo Galaxy
    • Enermax 1050w rev. 85+
    • OCZ z series 1000w
    • Ultra x4 1050
    • Ultra x 1200

5970 is dual 5850 cores, and shouldn't use more then ~265 watts at full load - they are fairly low power draw cores. To put it in perspective, a 4870X2 is rated at 260watts IIRC.

Even a system with two of them plus a phys-x card like what you want won't pull more then ~750 watts total. I would be much more worried about the amps on the 12v rail then the watts when using 3 graphics cards(5 GPUs total :O), which is why I recommended the OCZ over the mystery rails enermax...

well apparently the black edition by xfx will have much higher core values (5870+) :P but i guess will have to wait and see

Edited by unknownuser200

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well do the fact im not going to hardcore overclock and rarely will the psu be pushed past its rated power .. also being the psu can take more power at short burst... i think the corsair will be the choice for me.. being it has good reviews... is underrated .... 5 year warranty and the cables are thin ... if you ever worked with the cosmos s it can be difficult to do cablemanagement...... hopefully i dont burn out this psu :( dont they sell those psu's that are place in the 5.25 bay for add ons?