Computer works fine, but won't stay turned off completely?

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any help!

I home built my brother a computer almost 1 1/2 years ago and have replaced the motherboard (Asus P5Q Deluxe) three times (third one works while turned on) and the power supply once (Corsair 520HX to the 620HX), my YouTube video shows the problem with shutting off. The first two motherboards the whole computer would not post, the third motherboard works flawlessly while using the computer, but ALL of the fans either stayed on never turning off or surged on-off-on-off over and over until I pushed the switch on the back of the PSU. Why am I having the same issue with three motherboards and two different PSU models? I will list the specs of the computer below, note that I have tried the EVGA 9600GT, G.Skill DDR2 2x1GB, Western Digital HDD in my computer which works flawlessly! The only thing I have not tried in my computer is his P5Q Deluxe mobo, Corsair 520HX and the 620HX PSU. I'm hoping it's just a BIOS setting, I really am! I have also assembled the motherboard outside the PC case with the same problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUfIJS_hU4E

Never had any overclocking!

Asus P5Q Deluxe

Q6600 stock clocks

G.Skill DDR2 2GBHZ 4-4-4-12 2.0V

EVGA 9600GT

Corsair 620HZ PSU

Western Digital HDD

Hello everyone, thank you in advance for any help!

I home built my brother a computer almost 1 1/2 years ago and have replaced the motherboard (Asus P5Q Deluxe) three times (third one works while turned on) and the power supply once (Corsair 520HX to the 620HX), my YouTube video shows the problem with shutting off. The first two motherboards the whole computer would not post, the third motherboard works flawlessly while using the computer, but ALL of the fans either stayed on never turning off or surged on-off-on-off over and over until I pushed the switch on the back of the PSU. Why am I having the same issue with three motherboards and two different PSU models? I will list the specs of the computer below, note that I have tried the EVGA 9600GT, G.Skill DDR2 2x1GB, Western Digital HDD in my computer which works flawlessly! The only thing I have not tried in my computer is his P5Q Deluxe mobo, Corsair 520HX and the 620HX PSU. I'm hoping it's just a BIOS setting, I really am! I have also assembled the motherboard outside the PC case with the same problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUfIJS_hU4E

Never had any overclocking!

Asus P5Q Deluxe

Q6600 stock clocks

G.Skill DDR2 2GBHZ 4-4-4-12 2.0V

EVGA 9600GT

Corsair 620HZ PSU

Western Digital HDD

My first thought would be to check front pannel connections.. power switch, reset, led's, etc.

My first thought would be to check front pannel connections.. power switch, reset, led's, etc.

I disconnected the front panel connections, I also assembled the whole computer outside the case before installing it into the case. It almost seems like the mobo voltage regulators aren't doing there job, I'm still open to maybe a bios setting.

I disconnected the front panel connections, I also assembled the whole computer outside the case before installing it into the case. It almost seems like the mobo voltage regulators aren't doing there job, I'm still open to maybe a bios setting.

Hmm, I had drives and mouse/keboards do weird things but not that. I'd try swaping some of the other components out to see if you can isolate it (could be an incompatibility with one of the componets, sometimes a bios update can correct)...

One other thought, are you plugging the fans into the MB or directy to the PSU?

Well I tried clearing the Real Time Clock today again and it seems as though my brother's third mobo is bricked! Before the computer at least worked but just wouldn't turn off, now it seems I do not have a working computer and all the mobo can do now is power my case fans! Pretty pissed now!! Could this be a bad batch of mobos line up in a row?

Well I tried clearing the Real Time Clock today again and it seems as though my brother's third mobo is bricked! Before the computer at least worked but just wouldn't turn off, now it seems I do not have a working computer and all the mobo can do now is power my case fans! Pretty pissed now!! Could this be a bad batch of mobos line up in a row?

Same processor?

The one time I got a DOA CPU thats all it would do, power the fan's. Of course I've had ram do that too...

just seems unlikely to get 3 bad boards in a row (Asus ones anyway). Either that or your brother is reallllllyy hard on computers...

another thought, you using a surge surpresser/ups? Do your lights bink or dim from time to time?

Same processor?

The one time I got a DOA CPU thats all it would do, power the fan's. Of course I've had ram do that too...

just seems unlikely to get 3 bad boards in a row (Asus ones anyway). Either that or your brother is reallllllyy hard on computers...

another thought, you using a surge surpresser/ups? Do your lights bink or dim from time to time?

This is a computer that has worked flawlessly for almost 2 years, my brother only uses it for printing pictures, internet and buying on eBay. He doesn't game at all, my brother would be the last person on earth and even then isn't interested at all in games! When I ask Asus for another board I'm going to try to get a different model, this is the third mobo to act exactly the same except the very first mobo lasted almost 2 years before it all hit the fan!

Anybody that builds computers should know that just because the PSUs switch on the back is flipped on does NOT mean the mobo should turn on as well. When I flip my PSU switch my mobo does NOT turn on, only a green led comes on. I connected my Enermax Infinity 720W to my brother's computer, it go's into protection mode INSTANTLY beeping codes that indicates a short circuit event out of the case even with EVERY component disconnected from the mobo including the processor. Looked around the net and other are having many problems with this piece of crap mobo, stay away from the Asus P5Q Deluxe!!!!!!!

Edited by Systemlord