1st time build, need your help!

mdd31

I have a decent little 19inch LCD monitor right now, nothing special but solid for internet surfing, etc. Is it possible to get something like a vizio (or whatever brand) LCD tv and mount it on the wall and then run both TV and my computer to it? Then if I want to game I can run my computer through the "big screen" and go wireless with my controller, etc. And if I wan to watch TV while I work on the computer I can just use the smaller monitor.

Good idea or bad idea?

sounds like a good plan, just make sure to get a 1080p tv. (keep in mind that this will probably be more expensive than 1080p 24" monitor)

iron out what components your getting for the guts of your computer then see what the biggest you could get from the remaining funds

Edited by IVIYTH0S

And if you decide that Intel might be your flavor...

$1149 (shipping not included - monitor not included - video card not included) but all priced from NewEgg

The ATi 5870 is king of the hill for a single card solution, but if I were buying for myself would probably settle for a 5850 or even 5770. You could always add another for crossfire in the future if you felt you needed the extra umph!

I went with two WD640GB Black Edition drives instead of one big drive - that way you have one primary drive and a backup drive too. The black edition drives are more enterprise class and come with a 5yr warranty instead of 3yr.

Newbuildmdd31.jpg

Don't let the spat of a few bad recent reviews spoil you on this board. ASRock is a subsidiary of ASUS. I personally own this board and it is a perfect board for the price. The LAN and HDD issues people are reporting are their own faults and dealing mainly with people installing Vista or Windows 7 without getting the proper hardware drivers. You can make good hardware but you can't fix stupidity.

You could always go with an i5 rig or AMD rig to save some money and I think either way you'd be really happy.

That build that tkrow21 proposed is a super nice set of hardware if you decided to go AMD.

I chose the same brand power supply as tkrow21 (Corsair) but went with the 750TX because I prefer power over modularity and the 750TX is actually $10 cheaper if you figure in the MIR.

Edited by wevsspot

subtotal = $1,524.71 with a great IPS monitor; not a TN one

Make any changes below?

Shopping Cart Items--To Buy Now Price: Qty:

Item added on November 7, 2009

NEC EA231WMI-BK 23 inch Ws LCD 1920X1080 1000:1 VGA Black 14MS Monitor - Nec Computers

Condition: New

In Stock

Shipped from: Buy.com

$364.99

You Save:

$51.91 (12%)

XFX RadeonHD 4890 1 GB DDR5 Graphic Card HD489XZSFC - XFX

In Stock

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping

Add gift-wrap/note (Learn more)

$199.00

Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5 - CORSAIR VALUE SELECT

In Stock

$109.99

You Save:

$15.00 (12%)

Scythe MUGEN-2 5Heat Pipes CPU Cooler SCMG-2000 - Scythe

In Stock

Shipped from: Platinum Micro, Inc.

$38.75

Cooler Master RC-922M-KKN1-GP HAF 922M ATX Mid Tower Case (Black) - Cooler Master USA, Inc.

In Stock

$89.24

You Save:

$20.75 (19%)

OCZ OCZ3G1600LV6GK DDR3 PC3-12800 1600 MHz Gold XTC 6GB Triple Channel Kits - OCZ Technology

In Stock

See accessories for this item

$142.77

You Save:

$62.22 (30%)

Asus P6T Core i7 / Intel X58/ DDR3/ CrossFireX & SLI/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard - Asus

In Stock

Shipped from: Buy.com

$235.99

You Save:

$13.01 (5%)

Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz 8M L3 Cache 4.8GT/sec QPI Hyper-Threading Turbo Boost LGA1366 Processor - Intel

In Stock

$288.99

You Save:

$53.00 (15%)

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500 GB SATA 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Hard Drive ST3500418AS - Seagate

In Stock

See accessories for this item

$54.99

You Save:

$22.00 (29%)