Need case cooling advise

uneedav8

I need some advice on cooling my case. The only challenge is that I don't want to hack up the case or add a complex watercooling setup. My case has 3 120mm fans on the front, back and case door....psu also. I have pretty good fans on it which are suppose to be 90cfm. All my PCI slots are taken up due to SLI and a sound card. I only have one empty PCI slot above the top video card. After playing games for about 45mins to 1 hour. The air coming out of the back of the case feels like a hair dryer on medium. The temps seems within threshold but I am looking to cool down the inside case temp. I am looking for suggestions. Some of the things I was thinking about was maybe getting some high speed case fans, getting some accelero extremes for the graphics cards except they wont fit in an SLI setup and VRM cooling sucks. Will getting a simple ready to go water cooling like the corsair or one for coolit for the CPU help lower inside case temps? since heat is extracted through the radiator mounted to the rear? I have done full custom water cooling loops in the past which worked really good; but not ready to build another for this system. Any help would be appreciated.

I need some advice on cooling my case. The only challenge is that I don't want to hack up the case or add a complex watercooling setup. My case has 3 120mm fans on the front, back and case door....psu also. I have pretty good fans on it which are suppose to be 90cfm. All my PCI slots are taken up due to SLI and a sound card. I only have one empty PCI slot above the top video card. After playing games for about 45mins to 1 hour. The air coming out of the back of the case feels like a hair dryer on medium. The temps seems within threshold but I am looking to cool down the inside case temp. I am looking for suggestions. Some of the things I was thinking about was maybe getting some high speed case fans, getting some accelero extremes for the graphics cards except they wont fit in an SLI setup and VRM cooling sucks. Will getting a simple ready to go water cooling like the corsair or one for coolit for the CPU help lower inside case temps? since heat is extracted through the radiator mounted to the rear? I have done full custom water cooling loops in the past which worked really good; but not ready to build another for this system. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, first things first...vacuum the case. That might give you a minor boost in cooling capacity.

There are a couple things that look restrictive. One of which is the rear 120mm fan grill. If you wanted to lop that off and replace it with a wire grill, it'd help the airflow. The shroud in the front looks to be ok, you might be able to get some more CFMs in the front if you take out the drilled hole grills, and some more on the side if you take out that grill. It'd require you to take off the front bezel and dremel out some material.

3593-7252.jpg

3593-7256.jpg

3593-7255.jpg

(images from here)

Unfortunately, despite being a full tower, the case only has 3 120mm fans (and adding them doesn't seem too feasible - with the plastic covering on the top). If you really wanted to, you might be able to add another one on the bottom of the case...

Sorry this isn't too much of a help, I don't think you can do a whole lot :mellow:

Thanks for the responses. Crazy_Nate, I was suspecting that rear grill but did not realize how restrictive it was until it was removed....thanks. The case temp is a lot better now. I need to cool down the processor now.

Alienware is a total noob man. They're not coming close to anything that has to do with gaming. Anyway.

Well as I can see this really isn't a case that u can do a whole lot unless u wanna drill custom holes and put fans or some other expensive custom stuff. A new case would be better. There are good and cheap cases. Antec has a few. Mine was 150$. I don't know what kind of money u have to spare for a case so I can't say if it's cheap or not but I found it was quite the bang for the buck so I got it. They do have a few older models that use the same fan configuration so they will do pretty good.

Now as I can see on the photo above for the cpu there is a fan mount thingy on the side panel which u could use (uless u are already) to cool it, get a fast and big fan if u don't mind the noise. Cable management also helps with airflow...get rid of all the cables u don't need and stick em in the back. Also if u need ur cpu to be cooler in particular then you could buy an aftermarket cooler for it.

If u win the lottery or something get a Lian-Li case...those are pretty cool (lol I said cool...see wut I did there ;P )