new w7 os shipped

cjloki

i just received confirmation that my new w7 pro that i preordered way back in may or june has shipped out from the egg. i'm guessing many others will get theirs soon too.

just need one more confirmation email for the w7 i preordered thru my school web addy and all will be well...

I have Windows 7 Ultimate running on my EeePC and it's so so good... before I was running Vista Business SP1 and it was painfully slow sometimes... with Windows 7, it runs better, and the power management seems to run better.

The taskbar icons work out a lot nicer with the netbook's 1024 pixel wide display, and I really love the way the networking tasktray icon has a single click to all available WiFi networks, unlike Vista and it's laborious method.

I'll probably switch my main rig to Windows 7 eventually. At the moment, it's running Server 2008 SP2. I wanted to switch to Windows Server 2008 R2 (i.e. Windows 7 Server), but I don't have MSDN:AA access anymore, so it would be a costly upgrade, and I don't really need the server functionality any more.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate running on my EeePC and it's so so good... before I was running Vista Business SP1 and it was painfully slow sometimes... with Windows 7, it runs better, and the power management seems to run better.

The taskbar icons work out a lot nicer with the netbook's 1024 pixel wide display, and I really love the way the networking tasktray icon has a single click to all available WiFi networks, unlike Vista and it's laborious method.

I'll probably switch my main rig to Windows 7 eventually. At the moment, it's running Server 2008 SP2. I wanted to switch to Windows Server 2008 R2 (i.e. Windows 7 Server), but I don't have MSDN:AA access anymore, so it would be a costly upgrade, and I don't really need the server functionality any more.

better than xp?....hmmm, that gives me an idea

i just received confirmation that my new w7 pro that i preordered way back in may or june has shipped out from the egg. i'm guessing many others will get theirs soon too.

just need one more confirmation email for the w7 i preordered thru my school web addy and all will be well...

started downloading my copy this morning ^.^