Dragon Age: Origins

InCrYsIs

84 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Dragon Age Origins?

• Yes
    • No
    • RPG's Suck

Micro-managing is definitely necessary when dealing with mages, unless you want to kill your companions :lol:. I've frozen and/or stunned my characters too many times even WITH micro-managing :lol:

I love firestorm and blizzard. Try to keep the companions cold and fire resist up and casting those spells while they are hacking is too cool. Crushing prison is my third favorite.

I love firestorm and blizzard. Try to keep the companions cold and fire resist up and casting those spells while they are hacking is too cool. Crushing prison is my third favorite.
Yeah, whenever I can see red dots around the corner, I zoom out (as only the PC can do!) and cast the AOE spells. Usually blizzard first, hoping they get frozen and I can cast inferno, tempest and earthquake on top of it. lol

Oh, and crushing prison is the best single-target stun because of the spirit damage :). Petrify does have the "Shattering" advantage though, but that's harder to do against higher level beasts.

BTW, for my elven mage, I maxxed out the Primal tree. I gave crushing prison to Wynne.

Yeah, whenever I can see red dots around the corner, I zoom out (as only the PC can do!) and cast the AOE spells. Usually blizzard first, hoping they get frozen and I can cast inferno, tempest and earthquake on top of it. lol

Oh, and crushing prison is the best single-target stun because of the spirit damage :). Petrify does have the "Shattering" advantage though, but that's harder to do against higher level beasts.

BTW, for my elven mage, I maxxed out the Primal tree. I gave crushing prison to Wynne.

I started using Sten in my party with a two-handed sword. He is a killer.

I gave him the Warden Armor from Sophia at Warden's Keep and he just wails on people.

The party I have now is way better than my first run-through. I have better gear now than I did at this point in the first go.

I started using Sten in my party with a two-handed sword. He is a killer.

I gave him the Warden Armor from Sophia at Warden's Keep and he just wails on people.

The party I have now is way better than my first run-through. I have better gear now than I did at this point in the first go.

I use that set for whatever tank I bring along, which is usually Alistair. However,

I may switch to the dragonscale armor.

I use that set for whatever tank I bring along, which is usually Alistair. However,

I may switch to the dragonscale armor.

I am going Two-Handed tank-Sten, Sword/Shield tank-Alistair, Rouge-Leiliana and I am the Spirit Healer

. I find it works best for how I play.

Edited by InCrYsIs

I am going Two-Handed tank-Sten, Sword/Shield tank-Alistair, Rouge-Leiliana and I am the Spirit Healer

. I find it works best for how I play.

There's only one companion that is spoiler-worthy, and none of the ones you mentioned are that companion, so you don't have to spoilerize what you wrote. heh.

Your makeup makes sense if you're a healer. Since I'm a damage dealer (I literally do half of the party damage), I need to bring Wynne with me for healing duties. Since Leliana is also necessary for lock picking and trap disabling, that only leaves me with one tank slot. Alistair makes a better tank in the truer sense of the term because of the shield and defensive abilities. Sten is more of the warrior archetype rather than a tank. Shale would make a better tank, but unfortunately since you can't equip him with most items, it makes it difficult to bring him because it feels like a waste. lol

My next character is most likely going to be a warrior. I've been tempted to go three warriors + Leliana, but I fear that'd be very difficult without a healer and without AOE spells. It'd be a completely different style though, which would be interesting. I'd love to go 4 warriors, but unless there's a mod that adds lock picking to non-rogues, I'd miss out on a lot of items (and experience).

There's only one companion that is spoiler-worthy, and none of the ones you mentioned are that companion, so you don't have to spoilerize what you wrote. heh.

Your makeup makes sense if you're a healer. Since I'm a damage dealer (I literally do half of the party damage), I need to bring Wynne with me for healing duties. Since Leliana is also necessary for lock picking and trap disabling, that only leaves me with one tank slot. Alistair makes a better tank in the truer sense of the term because of the shield and defensive abilities. Sten is more of the warrior archetype rather than a tank. Shale would make a better tank, but unfortunately since you can't equip him with most items, it makes it difficult to bring him because it feels like a waste. lol

My next character is most likely going to be a warrior. I've been tempted to go three warriors + Leliana, but I fear that'd be very difficult without a healer and without AOE spells. It'd be a completely different style though, which would be interesting. I'd love to go 4 warriors, but unless there's a mod that adds lock picking to non-rogues, I'd miss out on a lot of items (and experience).

I am not big on shale. The only thing about Sten that stinks is there is no good banter between characters. With Morrigan and Alistair it was pretty funny. My current crew is rather boring. I got a kick out of the conversations.

I am wondering what will happen if I lez out with leiliana. I bet I can't get Alistair then.

I am not big on shale. The only thing about Sten that stinks is there is no good banter between characters. With Morrigan and Alistair it was pretty funny. My current crew is rather boring. I got a kick out of the conversations.

I am wondering what will happen if I lez out with leiliana. I bet I can't get Alistair then.

I'm lezzing out with Leliana :lol:. I haven't actually bedded her yet...when I go back to camp I will though, as I finally got her personal quest working (we fell in love too quickly and I lost the option to ask her about bards being spies. I had to download something to give me back that option). I've also finally gotten Alistair's approval high enough where I have the option to ask him back to my tent as well, but I haven't for that same reason...I want to sleep with Leliana and I know he makes you choose. I'm going to attempt to sleep with her, then sleep with him...and then if he asks after, i'll choose her. lol ;)

I'm lezzing out with Leliana :lol:. I haven't actually bedded her yet...when I go back to camp I will though, as I finally got her personal quest working (we fell in love too quickly and I lost the option to ask her about bards being spies. I had to download something to give me back that option). I've also finally gotten Alistair's approval high enough where I have the option to ask him back to my tent as well, but I haven't for that same reason...I want to sleep with Leliana and I know he makes you choose. I'm going to attempt to sleep with her, then sleep with him...and then if he asks after, i'll choose her. lol ;)

I got her last playthrough. I had a hard time keeping Alistair happy. He is a whiny biatch most of the time. Morrigan was easy as a man but I guess it won't happen as a woman.

Probably not spoiler worthy comments but some people find the littlest statements ruin the game.

I got her last playthrough. I had a hard time keeping Alistair happy. He is a whiny biatch most of the time. Morrigan was easy as a man but I guess it won't happen as a woman.

Probably not spoiler worthy comments but some people find the littlest statements ruin the game.

No, Morrigan won't go lesbo. I've got her at 100 approval too. lol

Leliana - men & women

Zevran - men & women

Morrigan - men only

Alistair - women only