Athlon II Lockups

When i try for 3.5 or up, i get random lockups when testing them with occt. Now, is this a result of too much strain for my parts, or just i need to up the vcore more?

I've never had a bsod if i was trying to overclock. Just a hard lockup.

I would check to see what your HT, NB and Memory clocks are at.

When you are upping the bus speeds you are not only affecting the CPU. I ran into issues if my HT or NB was much higher than 2000MHz (stock). I had to under clock them both in the BIOS by bringing down the multiplier to x8 instead of x10, and my memory multiplier down to x3.33. Over doing this I was able to click at 3575MHz with the voltage up at 1.5v

It was totally stable.

This was with a Athlon II X4 620 on an SB750 MB.

You are using an OC utility rather than the BIOS? I would recommend using the BIOS. It is easier to keep tracking things, at least that is what I have found.

Once you understand the terminology of your BIOS, because different boards use different wording, it is easier and in my mind more stable to do it from the BIOS.

Good luck!

By that i mean the overclocking section in the BIOS.

Sorry for the confusion.

No worries.

Yes, after looking at your CPU-z I would recommend that you bring down the multiplier for your NB ad HTT.

In your BIOS you should have access to these. It may read in a multiplier format or a frequency format.

If it is a multiplier format I would set your multiplier to x8 (260x8=2080 much closer to stock speeds)

If it is a frequency format I would set it to 1.6GHz (meaning an x8 multiplier)

Both of these should be the same setting. Try and keep them as close to the default as possible without underclocking (you don't want to bottleneck)

Hm, can't seem to find an option for the multiplier. Only option in there for the NB speed (that i could find) is one that bumps it up if the default fsb is lower than 200.

Any ideas what it might be called?

Hm, can't seem to find an option for the multiplier. Only option in there for the NB speed (that i could find) is one that bumps it up if the default fsb is lower than 200.

Any ideas what it might be called?

There has to be a selection for a multiplier or a frequency for the NB and HTT. Perhaps the wording is just funny.

Can you take a picture of your BIOS screen and upload it? If not just list out everything you have in the frequency and voltage area of the BIOS.

You can't set the HT reference clock lower than 200MHz BTW.