CPU Cooling

insan3

i recently build my computer and i had the heatsink that came with my phenom IIx4 955 and it was running 39C to 50C, so decided to upgrade my heatsink with a CM V8. I am still running at the same numbers even though i have the fan at 2000rpm. i made sure the was a decent amount of thermal compound. So my question is, is it possible that some cpu's run hotter than others ? (OC to 3.4 and 1.4 Volts)

Hm, that's weird...

Give the arctic silver 5 a week or two to cure. Then if they still don't change, come back.

Other than that i have no idea really. What are the temperatures at stock? (frequency, not heatsink)

(also you're definetly gonna want to upgrade those gfx my friend, i'm in the progress of getting the money for my upgrade :P)

Edited by NearlyEpic

By decent amount of compound do you mean you loaded it? You need a very very very thin layer of compound, almost so thin it's transparent. The purpose of the compound is to fill in the microscopic groves left on the heatsink and cpu from machining. Make sure that's all you used and make sure the heatsink is placed on the CPU correctly and has a good amount of tension to keep a strong bond between heatsink and heat spreader.

If you are only hitting 50C under load at those settings that isn't too bad tho. 50C is within safe limits for the processor (max is 62C). But if you are not getting substantially lower temps since installing the new heatsink vs the stock then there is something wrong with the mounting of the heatsink.

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

i have no idea how to find out the frequency... i am noob , the amount i put was about half of pea size , i removed my heatsink several times to make sure there was to much compound and it was sitting properly, and for my gfxcard i am waiting for the GTX 300 series to come out to upgrade.