need help with OC my AMD Phenom 9500

sonex

hy im new here and i want to ask u a question anybody is welcome to write whatever they want

i had an idea why not to OC my AMD Phenom

Procesor : AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

default he is on 2.2 GHz

when i enter the bios i OC it only a bit and my pc doesnt want to even turn ON or he turns on and freezes on boot

i have cooler on it freezer 7 is called i think temperature is about 38-41 celsius on each core

i have PSU : 650W, CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX, ATX2 v2.2, 120mm

Motherboard : AMD 780G

Memory: KINGMAX 4GB DDR2 RAM 800 mhz

i tryed to get core voltage a bit more but i freezes every time

and i set RAM to 400 mhz manual

any help is welcome and hello to everyone here

Welcome sonex. :)

First things first: you need a cooler if your going to overclock that quad core guy. Stock cooler will just kill it.

Next: Different processors have different ways of overclocking so I'm sure that if you poke around in the internet (and even here someone might have the same cpu and help you out) you will see how much other people overclock it, what voltage to use ect. this will make your overclocking much easier.

Phenom dudes use the multiplyer to overclock...it's the easiest unless you want to go for the whole ram, cpu overclock.

Ram should not be touched right now so just leave it alone, and go for the multiplyer. I'm not sure but the reason for the freeze might be that when u overclocked, your cpu might not have had enough juice to power it, or it would get too hot (get new cooler).

I hope I helped, as I myself am yet to start overclocking my cpu.

hy im new here and i want to ask u a question anybody is welcome to write whatever they want

i had an idea why not to OC my AMD Phenom

Procesor : AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor, MMX, 3DNow (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

default he is on 2.2 GHz

when i enter the bios i OC it only a bit and my pc doesnt want to even turn ON or he turns on and freezes on boot

i have cooler on it freezer 7 is called i think temperature is about 38-41 celsius on each core

i have PSU : 650W, CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX, ATX2 v2.2, 120mm

Motherboard : AMD 780G

Memory: KINGMAX 4GB DDR2 RAM 800 mhz

i tryed to get core voltage a bit more but i freezes every time

and i set RAM to 400 mhz manual

any help is welcome and hello to everyone here

Stock cpucooler,open chassi some extra fans , Corsair ddr2 1066mhz downclocked to 800 with 2,1volt. a go from 2200 to 2900mhz

RoBban