multiplier stuck at 19x

panjang110

hi guys, so today i just got my x2 550 the problem is my mobo doesn't wanna let me chose ratio higher than 19x :blink: i'm kinda stuck at 3.895ghz 205x19. i still don't have the time to do HTT overclocking and the best i can get right now is 205.

i've tried updating bios and downgrading bios still the same. when ever i select 19.5x the setting will go to auto and 20x will go to 5x as if it has gone full circle. maybe it's the chipset i'm using or maybe bad luck? :blink: FYI the maximum multiplier is 35 and when i select 35 it will go to 19x

here is my mobo i have try bios f4,f5a and f5. anyone here use this board?

Edited by panjang110

hi guys, so today i just got my x2 550 the problem is my mobo doesn't wanna let me chose ratio higher than 19x :blink: i'm kinda stuck at 3.895ghz 205x19. i still don't have the time to do HTT overclocking and the best i can get right now is 205.

i've tried updating bios and downgrading bios still the same. when ever i select 19.5x the setting will go to auto and 20x will go to 5x as if it has gone full circle. maybe it's the chipset i'm using or maybe bad luck? :blink: FYI the maximum multiplier is 35 and when i select 35 it will go to 19x

here is my mobo i have try bios f4,f5a and f5. anyone here use this board?

ISNT IT FAST ENOUGH MAN! ANY FASTER AND YOULL KILL US ALL! jk dont some cpu/chipsets have a multi limit? i may just be confused though from there when u have time id just try to htt it a little higher.. just one night where u have some spare time, because looking at your chipset now.. i bet thats it first off its nvidia eww.. i learned my lesson the hardway with nvidia chipsets a amd chipset is far superior overclocking if u got a 790 amd chipset or even a 770 youd be alot better off stick with gigabyte just get a mobo that has a amd chipset

Edited by actionstan

hmmm....at first i thought the cpu multi maxed out, but then again after doing some research in here lots of people get their cpu multi over 19x, and about the speed i'm just curios of how far this baby can go. everyone is looking for that magical 4000mhz no hehehe :P

*edit- about the multi, it rather a bios problem not oc limit. everything happens while i'm setting up not after restart

Edited by panjang110

*edit- about the multi, it rather a bios problem not oc limit. everything happens while i'm setting up not after restart

What does that mean exactly?

I'm still going with maxed cpu, or the motherboard could be maxed so try more volts. What are your temps like?

it happens while i'm in the bios, say you open up the cpu clock ratio option and try selecting 19.5x and hit enter it will go to auto instead of 19.5x selecting 20 will go to 5x. you guys understand what i'm trying to say :blink: ? i'm still in the bios. the temp at 3.8 200x19 is around 37-38 C in the bios

Edited by panjang110

Ah, so it cant be instability.....erm stumpted. Could be the motherboard being annoying and deciding what is better for you, but that cant be remedied since you've tried flashing it already, unless it is demanding more volts, which wouldn't be ideal because it would affect temps, but try it and at least you might find the problem.

Otherwise i don't really know sorry.

Sorry about taking my time, have'nt loged on in a long time.

I have the same board and same problem, just use software to get around it. I use this as AOD doesn't work on nvidia chipsets http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220185

Also if you try you hand at unlocking even if you have a stable cpu you will not get a stable unlock with 4 cores you need to drop back to three as seen here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=228239

Finaly if you really want to push your overclock, it will need to be in 32bit to get over 4ghz

Here is a great resource for overclocking phenom II's http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=596023

nice dude, i've tried the phenom msr but still can get pass the 19x multi.... anyway i'll update soon after doing some research

as for 4ghz point i already break it... look here :)

EDIT* how do you change it to 3 core instead 4 ? mine will boot with 4 core in xp but not in vista..... and p95 show that 4th core is full of error

Edited by panjang110

Finaly if you really want to push your overclock, it will need to be in 32bit to get over 4ghz

No no no no no!!!

If it's not stable it's not stable...just because your OS doesn't crash and burn doesn't mean it's not silently corrupting files and slowly ticking towards a crash. Going to an OS that doesn't expose flaws isn't how you put together a stable system.

No no no no no!!!

If it's not stable it's not stable...just because your OS doesn't crash and burn doesn't mean it's not silently corrupting files and slowly ticking towards a crash. Going to an OS that doesn't expose flaws isn't how you put together a stable system.

I wasn't meaning a stable overclock, just a benchies overclock. No one has got a phenom past 4.something ghz on a 64bit system, all the records are set in 32