help overclocking phenom X4 9950 black edition

sunan

my proc amd phenom x4 quad core black edition 2.6, oc'd to 3.0 only, i couldn't go further than that. i've tried to get 3.2, but it got blue screen.

so, i downclock to 3.1, it seem running pretty good, i tested with farcry2, after some time, it got blue screen as well, so i downclock again to 3.0...till now it run pretty stable. However, to achieve 3.0, i hd to increase the voltage by adding +100mv to get 1.4v, producing 44c idle and loading at -/+65c.

any ideas??

and also, i isntalled gaming ram 1066, but windows only detect 800mhz.. can someone help me on how to utilize its full clock?

more,i use mainboard ASUS M2N68-AM, dose it support this proc---amd PHENOM II AM2+ X4 940 at 3.0 native clock???

• 2 weeks later...

ur article isn't quite helpful since i'm using amd proc, not intel..

i tried to increase fsb and lower the multiplier, but the system didn't seem stable that way.. at the end, i js set the fsb at default, and increase the multiplier..

so, is there someone can help me stabelly overclocking my rig with my spec?

anyway, thanks for ur help.

If you got a 3.0GHz overclock off of the stock HS then you mush have some massive fans in that case of yours. I have the stock HS as well and if I load all four cores at 2.9 GHz my computer would easily peak 85C.

As for your question for the other processor, assuming that you have updated the BIOS to the latest one then any AM2+/AM3 processor should work. I say should, but you would need to check the manufacture's website to confirm this.