Quick Question

Say I wanted to connect my Xbox 360 directly to my headphones, would it work?

I have what I need to do this but I don't know if the signal coming from the Xbox will be too powerful or even work at all. It would be nice to use this as we bring our boxes over to each other's houses a lot and I use a VGA connection to my monitor from my 360 so I have no sound unless I lug around some speakers.

What I'll have is an Adapter that changes two RCA into a female 3.5mm which I then plug my headphones into, will this work alright and not burn up my headphones due to impedance differences or something of that nature?

Edit:

I have the Creative Fatal1ty MKII's

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX

The RCA output on the XBOX is going to be more than your headphones can handle (or if they're hard to drive, not enough volume), and you're not going to have a way to control the line level output on the XBOX 360... A headphone amp would give you flexibility ;)

The RCA output on the XBOX is going to be more than your headphones can handle (or if they're hard to drive, not enough volume), and you're not going to have a way to control the line level output on the XBOX 360... A headphone amp would give you flexibility ;)

Well the headphones have inline volume control and they seem to be powered just fine with my iPod nano as I can turn it up past the threshold that I can listen to music comfortably. Would the Xbox supply less power than the nano does?

Also the headphones have a 32ohm impedance. But to be sure I could give it a try I suppose, what I'm mainly wondering is if there will be any risk of damage to the headphones.

Edited by XxHellxRaizerxX