Abit IP35E Problem

codpawn

Last night i flashed my bios to new one

with the m630a18

using abit windows flash utility

all went well but when i rebooted my pc

after that cpu temp suddenly 98D OMG

so i removed the cpucooler stock and reapplied thermal paste (cooler master)

still same prob 98D

when i was flashing my cpu was at 3.37 ghz (i have e8400 which is 3GHz)

is that the prob

how do i fix it

Did you do a CMOS reset after flashing the new BIOS? That is generally part of the process and always recommended.

Also (and just for future reference), I would usually recommend setting the PC to stock speeds before a BIOS flash. Maybe that's just me though. I'm not sure if others do it.

I'd say the answer is in your bios! By resetting everything to there default settings, you'll need to go back in and set the fan controls to 100%, and also look at what your cpu voltage is set to! The new bios may have set your cpu vcore to high!

I'd say the answer is in your bios! By resetting everything to there default settings, you'll need to go back in and set the fan controls to 100%, and also look at what your cpu voltage is set to! The new bios may have set your cpu vcore to high!

Yes that is true I installed my processor to my friends motherboard its working fine!!

so I called service center in my city and asked them to give me new bios chip

It will take 2 or three days till then I'm using my old CPU with Abit IP35E (Pentium D 3Ghz)

And I also tried to flash my BIOS for 6 to 7 times to each and every version is available out there on the abit site its not working :(

Can you give me some suggestions till then?

Thanks

codpawn