XFX HD4870 Cooler

Seriphx

Ok, So I bought an XFX HD 4870

I was told I would recieve the card with this cooler: Cooler I was expecting

I actually recieved the card with this cooling solution: Cooler I recieved

I was fairly upset because I thought it would definately not cool as well as well as dump heat into my case! I couldnt return it, because it was opened. So I'm stuck with this one, It Idles ~57C and Loads ~70C.

I don't like the temps it loads at, so I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket cooler. Can anyone recommend some good ones? Maybe a couple reviews too please :)

I don't know if these temps are crazily high, or whatever, but I kinda felt they were a bit high. Seeing as my CPU Idles ~18C with the cooler in my sig.

Thanks. (hope links work)

the 4870 can safely get to around 100C without damage , your temps are fine but may warm up other parts , i would recommend using CCC , unlock the overclocking end and manually controlling the fan speed , just put it to about 30% , should see a temp drop and it shouldn't be to loud either.

mines @ 40% fan speed and it just has a soft hum (i could be deaf xD)

the cooler you received is almost definitely better than the stock cooler. if it's not too loud, and your CPU temps are not being effected by the heat dump then there's really no problem.

i had an arctic twin turbo on mine, which was totally silent, and kept my temps about the same as yours and i'm not aware of an aftermarket air cooler that will perform significantly better or blow hot air out of the case.

the cooler you received is almost definitely better than the stock cooler. if it's not too loud, and your CPU temps are not being effected by the heat dump then there's really no problem.

i had an arctic twin turbo on mine, which was totally silent, and kept my temps about the same as yours and i'm not aware of an aftermarket air cooler that will perform significantly better or blow hot air out of the case.

i cant compare , but mines stock and its extremely cool inside my case