Prolimatech Megagalems

TropicalPreist

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820226050 Mushkin Red Line DDR3 1600 6-7-6-18 1.65v

25mm thick fans instead of 38mm thick fans might still fit but it will be close. Then again a 25mm may not fit. Curious what you think about your Asus P6T WS Revolution motherboard. I'm currently deciding myself between this and a Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard.

The board works very well and it handles overclocking with ease. I would imagine the rampage series usually being the top contender but if you know what your doing the p6t6 has insane potential.

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/546349.html <---food for thought. Cough *don't see rampage doing that* cough ;)

Edited by TropicalPreist

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RAM is RAM is RAM is RAM. Get whatever fits at the speed you need.

As for the fans - with a cooler like that you really don't need anything crazy. Just make sure you have them both blowing in the same direction (push/pull) and you'll be fine.

RAM is RAM is RAM is RAM. Get whatever fits at the speed you need.

As for the fans - with a cooler like that you really don't need anything crazy. Just make sure you have them both blowing in the same direction (push/pull) and you'll be fine.

Thats what i want to know. Is the direction i have the fan mounted, blowing air into the heat sink or the other way around?

Thats what i want to know. Is the direction i have the fan mounted, blowing air into the heat sink or the other way around?

There should be labels on the sides of the fan, but if there aren't, 99% of the time the hub of the fan is on the exhaust side. You've got it pulling air out and blowing towards your RAM. I'd suggest flipping it around.

There should be labels on the sides of the fan, but if there aren't, 99% of the time the hub of the fan is on the exhaust side. You've got it pulling air out and blowing towards your RAM. I'd suggest flipping it around.

Like this? I think im going to mount it vertically. I really like the corsairs don't wanna give them up.

Most fans have 2 arrows imprinted along one side of the fan showing rotation direction and air flow. Look along the 4 sides of your fan for the arrows, it should be on one of the sides.

Edited by rourkchris

Ok so got it all mounted in only thing i forgot to mount it vertically. So either i take the time to unmount it or i just find smaller ram size like these kingstons. so anyway here are pics! My temps sp far have been. 34,26, 35, 26. Neem like this all day watching mkv's streaming video and what not. When i had my Zalman cnps 9900led temps were around 43-44 idle so thats a huge drop! Thanks for everything fellas ill post a link of the re of the build in here in a sec. Ill be moving over to that section now.

dscf1089y.th.jpgdscf1091j.th.jpg

dscf1090o.th.jpgdscf1093w.th.jpg

dscf1095t.th.jpg

here is the next thread

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=167616

Edited by TropicalPreist