Sign in to follow this  
TropicalPreist

Prolimatech Megagalems

Like i said im looking for the best cpu fans. Opinions, reviews, etc. Anyone wanna throw in their two cents please do i want it to have the best fans out.Period.

-Mike

Also here are some pics.

dscf1063.jpg w3264.png

dscf1064sqb.jpg w3264.png

Did you pick up an extra set of fan clips? The set that comes with it is for 120mm x 25mm. Fan clips for 38mm thick fans are available. I use 2 Scythe 1900 RPM 110CFM fans on all of my Prolimatech coolers. I get great temps with my setups from Q9550s to Phenom II 965s. Plan on putting it on an i7 soon. Flat out the best air cooler I've used. I've used a TRUE Black, and a Xigmatek 1283. This cooler beat them both on the same setup.

Did you pick up an extra set of fan clips? The set that comes with it is for 120mm x 25mm. Fan clips for 38mm thick fans are available. I use 2 Scythe 1900 RPM 110CFM fans on all of my Prolimatech coolers. I get great temps with my setups from Q9550s to Phenom II 965s. Plan on putting it on an i7 soon. Flat out the best air cooler I've used. I've used a TRUE Black, and a Xigmatek 1283. This cooler beat them both on the same setup.

I didn't should i have? Are noctura fans the best? what do i need to get?

If you want to use 2 fans in a push/pull configuration and have the room then you'll need the 2nd set of fan clips.

Of course you can always use a rubber band to hold a 2nd fan in place.

I can't tell you what fans to get. It's a personal preference balancing noise and airflow.

Edited by rourkchris

I can't tell you from personal experience, but megahalems seem similar to Trues (and lots of other heatsinks) in design so I would say 2 scythe gentletyphoon 1850rpm for quietness and a good overclock. I don't recommend Noctuas, they are overpriced (a little) the gentletyphoons are very similar in design and cfm and look better.

For extreme cooling (and loud cooling) and higher overclocks there are other options but I won't list them since I have no personal experience.

Edited by xchrissypoox

I can't tell you from personal experience, but megahalems seem similar to Trues (and lots of other heatsinks) in design so I would say 2 scythe gentletyphoon 1850rpm for quietness and a good overclock. I don't recommend Noctuas, they are overpriced (a little) the gentletyphoons are very similar in design and cfm and look better.

For extreme cooling (and loud cooling) and higher overclocks there are other options but I won't list them since I have no personal experience.

whats push and pull? im looking for the BEST cooling period sound doesn't matter as i can lower the fan speed when im watching a movie or something. but ill be overclocking without a doubt. what do you guys think of these?

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1169

I used to have a tornado case fan as my cpu fan way back in my amd athlon xp. Blow dryer status but i never overheated,

You'll need 2 sets of 38mm fan clips to run those Vantec Tornado fans. Didn't realize those were still being made. I use Scythe fans on mine and love them. 1900 rpm, 110 cfm, 37dBA. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185060 These will mount with the 25mm fan clips that came with the heatsink though you'll need another fan clip set to run 2.

They also make a 133CFM fan but again you'd need 38mm fan clips to mount them http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185054

Push/pull is when you have 1 fan on the front of the heatsink pushing air through and a 2nd fan on the back of the heatsink pulling air through.

Edited by rourkchris

You'll need 2 sets of 38mm fan clips to run those Vantec Tornado fans. Didn't realize those were still being made. I use Scythe fans on mine and love them. 1900 rpm, 110 cfm, 37dBA. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185060 These will mount with the 25mm fan clips that came with the heatsink though you'll need another fan clip set to run 2.

They also make a 133CFM fan but again you'd need 38mm fan clips to mount them http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185054

Push/pull is when you have 1 fan on the front of the heatsink pushing air through and a 2nd fan on the back of the heatsink pulling air through.

what are the benefits? Why can't they both be pulling or both pushing? 133 cfm thats more than those tornado fans. hmmm

Push/pull is when they're both facing the same way, moving air in the same direction, front to back. You are more than welcome to have them blowing at each other though I doubt you'd like the results.

>>>Front of case>>>fan>>heatsink>>fan>>>rear of case>>>

Edited by rourkchris

Why can't they both be pulling or both pushing?
Because the fans would be blowing at each other thus causing turbulence and increased air pressure thus decreasing their efficiency...

both pulling or pushing is horribly inefficient, just stick with push-pull. You don't need mentally fast fans, there's a limit where it doesn't do any extra good, and you'll be happier with quiet in the long term.

Ok ima order the ones from the second link. where can i get clips?