Speedfan/Gigabyte Motherboard Users

slarsen83

hey all..... just trying to dial in speedfan a little bit better and want to label/organize the program but i am having a tough time figuring out what this means:

i have searched everywhere and cannot find how to distinguish my temp 1, temp 2, temp 3 readings.......i have these as well as a seperate AMD K10 temperature as well which i have renamed to what i want and so on... my question is, how can i go about figuring out EXACTLY what each of the other 3 temps speedfan is showing me are????

for examples sake right now it looks something like this:

(renamed AMD K10 to AMD PII 550 B.E.)

AMD PII 550 B.E.: 31 degrees

Temp 1: 40

Temp 2: 44

Temp 3: 44

these results are after browsing online for the last half hour or so...... if that helps anything

any advice is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

ok....clicked the link, downloaded that program but i have vista...... it says i am running xp/2000/ME...... do i go ahead or no?

and in the mean time...... i downloaded everest before i seen your post, tried to use that to figure out which fan was which, and which temperature was which...... so i have been checking it out and what i need to know is which CPU temp should i be most concerned with?????

this is all in speedfan by the way:

i have the AMD K10 and my temp 1, temp 2, temp 3

when comparing to the temps everest gave me i concluded that:

amd k10 is some sort of CPU temp (currently @ 32)

temp 1 seems to match everests motherboard temp (currently @ 40)

temp 2 seems to match everests CPU temperature reading (currently @ 45)

temp 3 seems to match everests is the same as temp 2 almost all the time

maybe i am overthinking this, but what temperature should i be concerned with????? in terms of overclocking my CPU speedfan gives me the AMD K10 sensor as 32, and if temp 2 and temp 3 are CPU temps as well which one is the one i should be monitoring/overclocking by?

maybe its just me but for the cooler i have i am shocked that i am @ 44 idle..... now i am worried

please help