Asus eee 901 cant get into windows XP! virus??

My Asus eee PC cant get to windows xp....

When its on the windows XP loading screen, It loads for around 5 seconds before the screen goes BSOD.

I have also tried safe mode but i have the same problem.

How can i fix it? the Netbook doesnt have a CD drive and its using a mini-PCIe SSD.

Please help me!

I'm not sure what the problem is, but if you need to boot a Linux Live CD or similar, you can setup a temporary TFTP server and boot from LAN.

I dont have a CD drive on the netbook. and whats a TFTP server? o.o

thanks for the fast reply

Change your BIOS to boot from network (Enable network boot ROM). Then on another computer, setup a program such as TFTPD. This will serve the files to boot ubuntu without using a disc. You can find guides on the internet, really its as simple as setting a few parameters in TFTPD then getting the right ubuntu files. That's assuming the other PC is running windows.

This method can also be called PXE booting.

Edit: This is assuming you know the problem, and can correct it with a Live CD :lol: I was just giving you a way of booting a live CD in your situation, if you needed to.

Edited by AJW256

Installing XP from a USB stick on an EeePC is much easier than setting up a PXE LAN installation, and much better documented

Same goes for booting a live version of a Linux distro from USB...

If you were overclocking, removing the battery for a few seconds, then replacing, will remove the overclock...

Check the SD reader (if the 901 has one?)