vdroop-seriously undervolting on overclock

Overclocked my Q9550 today and the motherboard-Asus P5E X38-seems to really undervolt my CPUv. I'm currently @ 3600Mhz(424x8.5). Set CPUv to 1.200 in BIOS. CPU-Z sees 1.120v. VID is 1.1500v. I've tried setting the Load Line Calibration to auto, enabled, and disabled with no difference. What's very strange is that with my previous Q6600 it didn't experience any vdroop before until I updated to the latest BIOS-AMI 1201. I don't recall the previous BIOS version but it was the first BIOS this board was released with. I bought it as soon as it came out before the X48 motherboards or 45nm Yorkields were available.

Now my temps are great and it's OCCT 1 hour stable. I'm satisfied with the overclock and plan to do more stability testing overnight to be safe and sure. I know Asus boards have been known for their vdroop but I honestly didn't notice this before the BIOS update. RealTemp is showing temps @ 42 41 42 42 @ 100% load.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=628531

Should I be concerned or is this much ado about nothing?

Well it passed overnight stability testing so I'm very happy with it and it's eased my nervousness about the vdroop.

Thank you for the replies and the technical link. It really helped.

Thanks for the info Zertz. That was an informative read.

I know on my Maximus Formula everything that I can set voltages for has a pretty significant vdroop. All except my ram which over volts terribly.

As long as it passes all the stability testing you should be fine.