E6550 overclock problems

so these are my specs(important ones whatever):

C2D E6550 2.33 GHz OC

2x1 GB DDR2 RAM Kingston HyperX 1066 MHz

Gigabyte GA-650i-DS4L

for like 2 weeks or so i ve been trying to make an OC to my CPU and look what prime95 said:

post-68197-1248783542_thumb.png

these are the RAM timings:

post-68197-1248783614_thumb.png

these are the voltages:

post-68197-1248782725_thumb.jpg

as you can see...prime ran for 3 HOURS AND 45 MINUTES and there were no warnings

so today i turn on my pc, start yahoo messenger and ...... BSOD :|. i was like o_O

the voltages u see there are the most highest values i used and still got BSOD but prime was stable(the CPU was stable at a vCore of 1.38 v)

so i tried to up the vcore and nothing. ok i tried to bring RAM to specific timings (5-5-5-18) and still nothing (also got BSOD)...

can anyone please tell me what could be the problem? :blink::(

problem solved. the vCore wasn t enough for a 460 FSB. there was a BIOS option weither to manually adjust voltages or auto adjust and i first chose manual and had lots of problems. but 3 days before i passed on auto and now everythings fine. no BSOD no not responding progams but there are some windows explorer freezes which i m sure are not because of this overclock (i undercloked it and still got these freezes) check this http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.p...howtopic=166781

well things are going from worse to worse. i tried to update my BIOS thinking that i will gonna solve the freeze problem. but it wasn t a good idea. now i can t overclock my CPU at all. i backed up the old BIOS file and i restored it hoping that i could get my OC back. but NO WAY. it doesn t work neither manual nor auto adjustment of the voltages.

what do you think guys? :(

silly , BIOS is a pain when it comes to this .

it sounded like you wernt giving it enough juice anyway....

Please read this OC Guide next time

Good Luck with the Bios

silly , BIOS is a pain when it comes to this .

it sounded like you wernt giving it enough juice anyway....

Please read this OC Guide next time

Good Luck with the Bios

wow. i guess my english is so bad :|. so let me enlight you. i cranked up my FSB to 460 and chose FSB:RAM ratio to be unlinked which meant that my RAM frec was 400 MHz with 5-5-5-18 timings. then i chose Automatic voltage control and restarted my PC. i had an enitire week with no hang ups, no BSOD, 2 hours in orthos with no errors and everything worked PERFECT. am i clear for now?

ok. but a few days ago i began to experience those Windows Explorer freezes and i really dont know why. i tried this:

- latest nvidia drivers for my GPU -> explorer freezes

- beta 190.40 nvidia drivers for my GPU -> explorer freezes

- latest windows update nvidia drivers for my GPU -> explorer freezes

- clean install of the RTM -> after first login (i didnt install anything except the OS) explorer freezes

- BIOS update -> explorer freezes

- i backed up my old BIOS file and restored it -> explorer freezes AND after this i couldn t OC my CPU like i said i did when i started writing this post.

the voltages were optimized after i chose automatic voltage control but after i updated my BIOS, GOD knows why, even with that setting i can t OC my CPU now and i still got those .*** freezes :|

GET IT NOW?