overclock need help

Ok so lemme break this down. M3n-ht delux mobo which has 780a sli chipset amd6000+ brisbane, 8gigs kingston hyperx ddr2 dual channel 1066.

So ive been running my cpu at 15.5x220 which is 3.41ghz for quite a while. Due to the fact my cpu is am2 not am2+ my mobo wont let me select 1066 only 800mhz for my ram. Due to the OC it is like... 856mhz or something at 2.2v 5-5-5-15. So i wanted to run my cpu at 15x227 which is like 3.405 but it crashes 1.55v. This board should be capable of much more than a 220fsb(ht whatev u wanna call it) plus i cant find a setting anywhere for ram divider. So if anyone knows how i can get my ram speeds up and get this Ht past 220 that would be nice. I have no idea what my NB voltage is its on auto and i dont have something to monitor volts. So any help would be nice.

Ok so lemme break this down. M3n-ht delux mobo which has 780a sli chipset amd6000+ brisbane, 8gigs kingston hyperx ddr2 dual channel 1066.

So ive been running my cpu at 15.5x220 which is 3.41ghz for quite a while. Due to the fact my cpu is am2 not am2+ my mobo wont let me select 1066 only 800mhz for my ram. Due to the OC it is like... 856mhz or something at 2.2v 5-5-5-15. So i wanted to run my cpu at 15x227 which is like 3.405 but it crashes 1.55v. This board should be capable of much more than a 220fsb(ht whatev u wanna call it) plus i cant find a setting anywhere for ram divider. So if anyone knows how i can get my ram speeds up and get this Ht past 220 that would be nice. I have no idea what my NB voltage is its on auto and i dont have something to monitor volts. So any help would be nice.

Real world apps wont really see an increase in performance with the increase in memory speed .

What I would concentrate on is tightening up the timings a bit. This will give you a bit more mem performance . You will see a greater benefit at 4-4-4-12 under 900MHz than you will see at 5-5-5-15 at 1066MHz. Plus you are running 8Gigs and SUS says this about the memory support "DDR2 1066 is supported by some of the AM2+ CPUs only. Refer to www.asus.com for the supported CPU models. " So I think tightening the timings is your key here

You could try increasing the HT volts to get a little higher been a long time since I played with an AMD.

i tried 4-4-4-12 lemme say my computer was not happy uhm and i didnt notice an option for HT volts plus i dont even know what HT or NB or SM are running at because they are on auto and i dont know how to see there current voltage.

and its not exactly that im trying to make my ram way faster im just trying to squeeze everything i can out of what i got. And im confused as to why my comp is fine at 220x15.5 but not 227x15 or even lower multi. for whatever reason my fsb doesnt like to cross 220 when many ppl run this board well over 240-250 all the time

I have the same board you do... to awnser your question, No there is not a Ram divider. you could use your multiplier, the FSB, and the ram type selection (via 800, 600, 333 whatever) as a divider to move your FSB up. I have safly run my FSB at 260 without any trouble with a multiplyer of I think 13 To bring my ram up and have not noticed an issue in the past, I just bumped up the HT voltage a step or two and moved the ht set speed to 800 to keep my HT around 1000 and it ran stable. The M3N-HT would have been alot better if it had the dividers but that's the way I worked around it. The thing I noticed with memory and that board is the wrong type of memory with that CPU is It doesn't like ddr2 1000 near as much as it likes 800. Might try nabbing some 800. its going for cheap anymore.

I also had a brisban just like yours. it overclocks well, so now its in the GF's rig. And Yes you can underclock the multiplier safly.

(see sig for brisban overclock)

Opps, I lied.. I have the 5000 Brisban

Edited by boinker

To awnser your p.m. question to the floor and to have others see it

As far as the NB goes no I haven't adjusted it. The HT I moved there to test it at or near 1000 or above. IO read somewhere that its a good idea to leave the HT near 1000 +- 100 but I have found better performance with it above 1100. this may shorten the life of the board though :lol:

I set the HT to 1.20v and found it stable. bumped it to 1.22 when I allowed the ht to raise to 1300 HT bus speed stable. Right now its 2 hour stable prime 95 in blend and large fft tests. and the only reason its only 2 hour stable is my lack of patients.

The current chip is an athlon x2 6400+ and its at 3400 MHZ, v-core 1450 MV or 1.450 volts. the ram is 6 gigs a-data ddr2 800 operating at 964 mhz at 1.82v timings factory may tighten them. Just to prove that the FSB can Run on that board I have the multi at 13 and a 260 FSB. making 3.40 ghz. Its faster, CHip runs about 50c atm.

Where I got the settings was just fiddleing with it and seeing what worked for the chip. there is no majic here, just a bit of dedication.

Edited by boinker

i raised my nb-ht both to 1.3v and now im past my stupid 220 barrier didnt have to lower my ht speed. So i cracked my cpu a lil faster 228x15 3.421 fully stable so far. didnt even effect my mobo temps. Thanks man :)

Not a problem. Let me know how that M3N does. Like ccokeman was saying when you find that chips Brick wall by all means see what your memory is capable of. :D

p.s are you sure the HT at 1.3 is what did it or the NB at 1.3 that did it?

Edited by boinker

P.S. thanks for helping me get back into this. I am performing Test runs now at 3.46. hoping the NB temp will stay down as I raise its voltage....

Keep overclocking dude. we may be able to learn a bit and more from one another.

well i havnt gotten the chance to push my fsb further i just got home but ya im lovin it. before i couldnt even raise from 220 to 221 and it went to 228 withought even second guessing. If it gets cold enough tonight ill see what i can do my cpu is at 1.55v so im not sure how much further i can go before ima need more volts. right around 3.4 is what most ppl max for stability some have reached over 3.5 but i dunno this chip works great i might be able to push it a lil. but for now ill just lower multi and see if i can reach a fsb of over 240-250 would be cool. my mobo hasnt went up in temp at all under max load its 35c

Right on. I just Peaked this chip in its current state. Did a bunch of suicide Runs at 1.6 volts and didn't show much improvement. Still BSOD and Freezes at 3.450+ no matter how much I overvolt everything. The last time I attempted to Ceiling this chip I wound up at 3.457mah. (see cpu id validation below) its slightly disapointing concidering its only a 257mah overclock but never the less its overclocked. Im going to let it run overnight and see what happens. if its 24 hour stable ill change my sig and go from there. let me know how yours does and I would like to see a CPU-ID val. ill send mine along when I get mine in.