New computer for overclocking

Demal

Yeah, I think that's what we're all talking about here.

However, there's really not a whole lot of benefit to doing this. I mean few people these days need more than 500W or so for their whole rig, so the only reason to do this would be if your supply is less than that. In that case, you're probably going to end up using two junky low-wattage units which is just not a good idea. Like I said, a "duct tape" job. Everyone knows skimping on the PSU is a terrible idea, and this definitely falls into that category.

Any decent PSU you get these days can easily support a whole system so there's no need to split certain parts off onto a secondary unit. It's one of those things someone would do for bragging rights but then anyone who really understood what they did would just think they were silly for doing it. It's just not that beneficial. But it -can- be done, if you're so inclined.

Maybe his computer is like my old HP, everything is shoved in there and the PSU is very difficult to get out. Having a second PSU there would make it much easier than trying to get out the old PSU which is stuck in there.

Maybe his computer is like my old HP, everything is shoved in there and the PSU is very difficult to get out. Having a second PSU there would make it much easier than trying to get out the old PSU which is stuck in there.

Dude, are you serious? You would run dual PSUs for the sole reason that the old one was hard to get out? That's just really silly.

Besides, if the case is so poorly designed that it's really THAT hard to get the PSU out, don't you think it'd be practically a nightmare to get a second one in?

Dude, are you serious? You would run dual PSUs for the sole reason that the old one was hard to get out? That's just really silly.

Besides, if the case is so poorly designed that it's really THAT hard to get the PSU out, don't you think it'd be practically a nightmare to get a second one in?

Maybe, I was just saying it, don't have to overreact right away. Also, the best option for what I was talking about would be one of those PSU's for only a GPU.