OC, how is it proven!?

hello all, i have recently got my new pc together a i7 920 build with a gtx295 and 6gb of ddr 1300mhz ram. of cause i am looking to overclock it as hard as i can with my water cooling and such, however being my first overclock ever i am a tad worried not so much of braking the parts now or around the time i overclock but in about slighter damages in the time to come. i am never to good at explaining things so i will try to put it as minimalised as i can:

if i overclocked my graphics car or my cpu a fair bit, first up how much less time will i have with them before they begin to fail, and when they do begin to fail... can i underclock them back to stock volts and claim warrenty. ethicly i would probably not ever do this, but however i am interested in knowing how the manufacturers can know if you have overclocked something even if they have my part themselves and its clocked back down to stock?

is there some kind of digital void if removed "sticker" if so is this only broken if i overvolt, making a slightly overclocked cpu/whatever still pretty much under warrenty?

i hope i have said this clear enough as i said i usually make a weird way around saying simpler things.... <<<see.

pre-emptive thanks!

If there is no physical damage and you dont admit then their is no proof of a voided warranty. You should not notice any degrade in the lifespan of your components if you stay within the safe volt and temperature limits. Basically your components will be long out dated before you notice the lifespan degrees from overclocking.

I overvolted my prior e8400 and rmaed it to newegg within 30 days without a hitch.

Edited by Fireonice

awesome thanks a heap i feel both better and slightly enlightened. begin the saga of awesome.... after a Finnish transferring 300gb of data to this PC from my old one at 5MB/sec!!!!! lol thanks Fire.